Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ready Player One (Steven Spielberg, March 30, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by fyebes, May 24, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

It looks very Michael Bay to me

travisred likes this.
  2. Looks like Spielberg made 'Ready Player One.' Haha.

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Just like all the explosions and crazy action sequences. I guess Spielberg had that too though. Honestly don't think I've seen too many Spielberg films to know any better so disregard me

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It looks so good! The score referencing Willy Wonka! The Iron Giant! The DeLorian! So excited!

Jason Tate and Colby Searcy like this.
  5. I can't believe how good this looks.

fenway89 and Anthony_ like this.
  6. Anthony_

I can! It's Spielberg!

Sorry I'm just so hyped for this I adore the book and this looks perfect.

Richter915 likes this.
  7. I've watched the trailer at least three times now, seeing new characters and things in it each time ... I have a feeling I'm gonna go nuts for this movie. Haha.

8. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Absolutely pumped for this. The book was a fun read but I think SS is gonna take this plot to new heights. The shots from the trailer left me floored.

9. Anthony_

Did you read the book?

10. Yep. One of my favorite from the past few years.

11. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I’m hoping the movie won’t be as bad as the book, but we’ll see. Trailer doesn’t really do a whole lot for me, except for seeing the Iron Giant show up. That got me a little excited.

Also the Willy Wonka score was cool.

12. Anthony_

I was literally just saying the same thing to my friends as we watched the trailer together and I was trying to convince them to read it. It's amazing how much I instantly latched on to it and loved it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Did you read 'Armada' too?

And yeah, this raised my hype level a bunch. I was unsure how they would do this movie at all. Now that I've seen it I'm all in. Ha.

14. Night Channels

Trusted

...the book wasn't bad though.

15. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

It's not as much of a good book as it is a fun story, if that makes any sense.

Kyle Max likes this.
  16. Night Channels

Trusted

I haven't read Armada yet, but I found a signed copy at a Books-A-Million here for $6, so scooped it up.

How is it? I have about four books ahead of it on my list.

17. I liked it. Not as much as RPO, but totally a fun read of nostalgia infused adventures. Which was exactly what I was looking for when I read them.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  18. Anthony_

I did! I liked it a lot, not as much as RPO but it was fun and will definitely make a cool movie as well. And it also made me want to watch The Last Starfighter again.

Colby Searcy and Jason Tate like this.
  19. I mean if you think the book was bad, it would be a pretty hilarious waste of money to go see this movie. If this is the kinda think you like, then you'll probably really like it. :shrug:

20. travisred

Trusted Supporter

It was pretty mediocre to me. Aside from references, the story felt pretty weak. It all felt pretty predictable and at times pretty ridiculous and eye worthy. That’s not to say that I didn’t have fun reading it, but I just think unless you’re diehard about the material it’s referencing it might not do a whole lot for you.

21. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

It's a fun story with a lot of unique ideas and an awful main character.

AndrewSoup and Richter915 like this.
  22. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

However Mendelsohn as Sorrento is PERFECT casting

Richter915 and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  23. Anthony_

I feel like it's fair to say that around 90% of the people who read the book were diehard for the material it was referencing haha

fenway89, Colby Searcy and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Morrissey

Trusted

If anyone can salvage it, it is Spielberg. However, this being sandwiched between the very uninteresting BFG and yet another Indiana Jones movie is disappointing, given how strong Bridge of Spies and Lincoln were.

25. I know the online backlash with a group of nerds started when the book got popular, so I'll expect that to continue:

Anthony_ and Richter915 like this.