Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ready Player One (Steven Spielberg, March 30, 2018) Movie • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by fyebes, May 24, 2016.

1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Saw on date night tonight, can confirm it’s good

Makoto and Jason Tate like this.
  2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

3. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Before someone corrects me, let me say that I REALLY HOPE that the villain’s name wasn’t Nolan in the book and Spielberg changed it as a shot at Christopher Nolan. Director beefs sound awesome.

Anyways, the Overlook Hotel scene was great. As a big fan of The Shining, I would love to walk through that set. The rest of it was good (not great).

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  4. GBlades

Trusted

It was Nolan Sorrento haha.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

6. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Really great movie.

Loved it.

Dodger likes this.
  7. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Never read the book. Never even heard of it. First time I saw trailer, but felt meh. But I gave it a chance anyway after work today (thanks moviepass!). Really enjoyed it. No complaints except maybe cut it by 20 minutes? Was a fun watch for sure. Would recommend it to friends.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I kind of liked this book, I really did not like this movie.

9. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Interesting I’ve seen a lot of ppl saying they liked the book and didn’t like the movie, then others saying they didn’t like the book that much but liked the movie.

10. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Personally I liked both. There are many changes between them but they’re both just a fun story about video games with a ton of nostalgic references sprinkled in. What’s not to like?

Dodger likes this.
  11. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Loved this. I am just a gigantic sucker for Spielberg. He is the reason i love movies and this had his magic for me.

12. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

already want to catch this again

13. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I just sat there with a goofy smile on my face through the whole thing.

Twelve year old me would have replaced Jurassic Park with this as my favorite movie.
    Twenty eight year old me won't, but only because it's been my favorite movie since June '93 and nothing will probably ever come along to move that amount of nostalgia.

14. As a script - it’s not good. As a marvel - it’s EVERYTHING. Seeing it again sunday. I haven’t watched a movie twice in theatres in YEARS.

15. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

The more I look back at this movie the more I think it missed the mark. The only scenes that I look back with that really stayed with me was scenes involving Halliday.

David Parke likes this.
  16. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

The more I look back at this movie the more I think it really hit the mark. The race scene, all the scenes with Halliday,the overlook hotel, the music, the score. Just great.

fenway89 and BackyardHero11 like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Mark Rylance's Dana Carvey impression was great
    what the hell are corn syrup droughts and bandwith riots, I was immediately taken out of the movie but I eventually got back into it
    Wade sucks team Artemis and Aech did he even have a funeral for his aunt, it was like they completely forgot that she died and he was just like yay happy endingwhen T.J. Miller showed up the woman next to me said "hey is that Ehrlich" and that seems like a pretty good summary of this movie
    it was definitely fun at times and at times I was like okay this is not for me
    I am in no way bitter that I'm not becoming a billionaire because of my pop culture knowledge, I don't even want that money no one man should have all that power
    also I can't believe his name is Nolan Sorrento, Sorrento is a brand of cheese

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Oh God, thanks for the Dana Carver reference. His performance was a little off-putting. Did you read the book? The book heavily references War Games and I always pictured Halliday as an intentional copy of Dr. Falken from War Games.

David Parke likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

no I usually only read non fiction books

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Do you take notes when you watch movies and tv shows? Your comments are always so precise

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

for tv shows I keep the thread open here and get lines as I go along, for movies I just do it when I get home and it's fresh in my mind before I forget stuff

Jake Gyllenhaal and TedSchmosby like this.
  24. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

going to check this out again Sunday. 2 times in a week. thanks moviepass. Do you guys think a 7 year old will be able to watch this and not be too scared of the shinning scene?

25. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I think a 7 year old would have a good time, but if they’re not good with creepy imagery at all I wouldn’t bring them

David Parke likes this.