Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ratboys - Printer's Devil (February 28, 2020) Album • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, May 23, 2019.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Check your e-mail. They sent out an e-mail with a new password for all ticket buyers.

2. Skinkie

Regular

Just saw that. Was able to get with that one

ItsAndrew likes this.
  3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I think this is going to end up being one of the great unpublicized records of the year.

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I've seen this on a few mid-year lists (both on Chorus and elsewhere) but not nearly enough for how good it is, which is a bummer.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  5. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven't joined any Patreon's bands have started yet because they can add up quick but I'll probably end up joining this one. It really sucks that Covid had to happen right when they put out their best record. I really feel for them.

7. Lucas27

Trusted

I saw your comment and went to like it forgetting I'd read it and liked it, so I ended up unliking it. So, I just liked it again.

Anyway, it just further proves your point. This is a fantastic record and it's sad so few are talking about it.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It's the case with a lot of records on here, not a ton of discussion even though the records are great. Hopefully publications put this on their year end lists and it gains some traction then.

9. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

11 pages is pretty great on here for a band that doesn't have much of a following.

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean, 11 pages is defintely not a small amount (although the first 5 or so were pre-release discussion) but I think what @Lucas27 is saying is that for how good this record is it sucks more people aren't talking/this thread is popping off. There are a lot of people on this website and a lot of times it's the same group of folks who comment on these "smaller" album threads.

Matt Chylak and Lucas27 like this.
  11. Lucas27

Trusted

And I also mean the scene at large. This is a pretty unprecedented time with female led bands/artists pretty much taking over the game, so it's understandable that someone has to fall through the cracks, but it's a shame that we're not hearing Ratboys named alongside Phoebe Bridgers, Snail Mail, Soccer Mommy, Julien Baker, etc. I get there's still lots of time. It really might just come down to the timing of the record too.

12. WornSoThin

Regular

It’s definitely going to be in my top 10 this year.

I overplayed it around release but have started adding it back into my WFH rotation and it’s still great.

There are so many patreons now though, it’s a bit overwhelming. I kind of wish they all had like a $2 tier that perhaps didn’t even get any rewards other than “support the band”. $5 isn’t much on its own, but when you want to start supporting a number of artists it quickly adds up and you could easily be dropping $50 plus every month.

13. Skinkie

Regular

I’ve been doing the Patreons on rotation for a couple bands. Give one my cash for a couple months, then switch to another and eventually rotate back around. Everyone gets a little money, and the rewards stay up so if you come back after a couple months you can pick up anything you missed. It’s worked out alright.

falafelmywaffle and WornSoThin like this.
  14. WornSoThin

Regular

Very true, this is a good way of doing it, if a little more effort.

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

16. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

i love them so much

17. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I used to love them, but I really can't forgive wearing a glove when playing 16-inch softball.

radiodead and MexicanGuitars like this.
  18. MexicanGuitars

Anyone recognize the park? The video only says Chicago

19. ItsAndrew Sep 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Elder Lightning likes this.
  20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Yoooooo this is huge

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes please!

So many good acts playing on that, cannot wait to watch!

22. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Oh hell yeah

23. MexicanGuitars

Bats n’ Rats

24. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Seems like a missed opportunity not having Telethon on this . . . telethon.

ItsAndrew and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Julia does backing vocals on the new Wild Pink song!