Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

RANDOM HOUSEHOLD ITEMS DEATHMATCH (ROUND 2 OF DEATH-ER) • Page 11

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Shrek, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Bread takes the W for me, love that shit!

Colby Searcy and Anthony_ like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It’s not too late to vote for Bread/Pasta/Pizza/Sandwiches/Burgers/Bagels/Bread Pudding/Toast/French Toast, House people.

dylan likes this.
  3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Yes it is because the poll won't allow changing votes

dylan, Colby Searcy, tucah and 3 others like this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Delicious

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Aw, shucks

6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Dr. House gonna fuck ya'll up.

Colby Searcy and electro haikus like this.
  7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Bloodsucker II and angrycandy like this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Okay I'm gonna go ahead and explain now.

First I'll say I was off on my range of ages, it was around 14-23, but I digress.

When I was 11 my parents divorced. My sister took it really hard but I was mostly okay with it. I knew they had been fighting and also I was a 11 year old and wanted to enjoy having 2 Christmases and 2 birthdays because I was a selfish piece of shit. My dad stayed at their house, and my mom rented a house a neighborhood over so that we could still go to the same schools. We were to primarily stay with my mom.

My sister had a fascination with animals and always wanted to have her own horse. My mom couldn't afford to get her a horse, but would take her over to stables so she could see and ride horses when she wanted to. But my mom wanted to be able to do more, because of jealousy over my dad and his financial situation. So my mom decided to shell out a ton of money and buy my sister a horse that she couldn't afford. This resulted in the beginning of her debt, but also made her realize that she didn't have to "ask my dad" about big purchases like that and could buy whatever she wanted. She then bought herself a horse. She bought saddles for the horses and they found a stable to keep the horses at and visit and ride the horses, which cost much more money. At this point she was severely in debt but they were happy, they got to ride horses. I couldn't complain.

My mom started to make friends at the stables they rode at, with mostly people who still just enjoyed partying all the time. My mom started drinking a lot more and developed an alcohol dependency as a result. She also began dating one of the veterinarians who worked with a lot of the horses at the stables, who I later learned was addicted to heroin. He would constantly be at our house and be awful to my mom, awful to my sister. He mostly ignored me but it still made me furious. My mom didn't care because she didn't think it was a big deal, she had been drinking just about every day so none of this mattered to her, including her own daughter and myself.

Eventually alcoholism caused my mom to lose her job as a nurse (around when I was 16) and her parents (my grandma and grandpa) took her from her house to come stay with her, because she couldn't afford her house anymore. At this point we were living with my dad full time and had little-to-no contact with our mom. She eventually chose to not go to rehab anymore, and started attending AA, getting her life back around for the most part. We became more in touch once I finally turned 18, and I even lived with her for a year or two after that. Everything seemed to be fine, but she still flew into jealous rages over things like money (money sucks) and was extremely difficult to deal with at times. She then reconnected with an old college crush and decided out of the blue to move to Alabama. She also picked up drinking again. She seemed to have it under control, so I just said "Whatever works" as long as it didn't have a negative impact.

After my first son was born, my mom would say condescending things about my son's mom, not like personal criticisms but completely outlandish things like accusing her of drug dependency. She had moved back to Texas and would also beg to see my son but immediately back out once I agreed. She started texting me at like 4am asking me to bring the kids over, in completely incoherent text messages mixed in with things like "You never call me" and "Jerry Jones shouldn't have let Demarco Murray go" as if we were having the same conversation the whole time. I discovered from my sister that my mom had been mixing pills with alcohol and I decided it was unsafe to have my child around her at all, and completely cut her off.

Ever since then, she's been trying to get in touch with me, but she's done so much damage to my mental health I just don't think I can let her. I struggled with it for years but finally feel like I'm at a place where it just has to be how it is, for my sake and for my kids' sakes.

At the end of the day though, it all started over a goddamn horse.

Ken, tucah, dylan and 3 others like this.
  9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

As Oprah says: I LOVE BREAD

I COULD EAT BREAD EVERY DAY

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm sorry you went through that :heart:

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I was already not crazy about horses but after this I’m fully against horses

Sorry to hear you had to go through all that Dustin. You’re a great person and as hard as it is, you definitely don’t need that added stress in your life.

Ken, tucah, Colby Searcy and 3 others like this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

It's all good, I know this probably sounds terrible but I don't think about it often. While at my mom's house, my sister and I were pretty much in charge, so it's not like I'm missing a mother in the same way others who actually had a great parental figure of a mother are. I don't really get triggered about it or upset about it unless she tries to contact me or someone tries to get me to contact her.

Ken, dylan, Colby Searcy and 3 others like this.
  13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

that really hurt to read, Dustin

you're a good dude and I hate that you went through that

:heart:

Ken, dylan, electro haikus and 3 others like this.
  14. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

First off, fuck you @electro haikus for not letting us change our votes on this. This rule is purposefully targeted at the Alliance and you know it and you did it because we won't let you join, you petty jerk.

Colby is the Nathan Fielder of Chorus

This post didn't get enough likes

lol u dork

I cried laughing at this post

:heart: u dustin i don't know what else to say other than that.

Ken, Joe4th, tucah and 4 others like this.
  15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

look, for all intensive purposes don't misunderestimate me even if you're supposably frustrated with my talking skills

Anthony_, Colby Searcy and dylan like this.
  16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

fool that rule was instated before any alliances

17. dylan

electro haikus and angrycandy like this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Holy shit lmao.

I DID for the longest time though thought the phrase "straight and narrow" was "straightened arrow"

Like I'm talking only a few years ago did I find that out

Your Milkshake, angrycandy and dylan like this.
  19. dylan

Have you had the fortune of renting a duplex/townhome/house? It’s the best of both worlds. All that space, fewer to no neighbors in close proximity, a lawn, and all the upkeep is still the landlords responsibility.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  20. Fucking Dustin

I rented a townhome and I’m still paying consequences for it now

But that’s unrelated to the experience, living in a townhome is great

dylan likes this.
  21. Colby Searcy

We rented a townhouse and ended up with bed bugs. Fun times

angrycandy likes this.
  22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter