Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Random Entertainment Poll: 5/22/2017

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, May 22, 2017.

?

Favorite 1960s Best Picture winner?

1. The Apartment

15.4%
  2. West Side Story

15.4%
  3. Lawrence of Arabia

38.5%
  4. Tom Jones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. My Fair Lady

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The Sound of Music

7.7%
  7. A Man for All Seasons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. In the Heat of the Night

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Oliver!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Midnight Cowboy

23.1%
  1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

What is your favorite 1960s Best Picture winner?

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

How do you pick between West Side Story, The Apartment and My Fair Lady? Damn.

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

uh you pick Lawrence of Arabia

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Actually you click Midnight Cowboy, put rocks in one of your shoes, and limp your way through NYC traffic while yelling "I'm walkin' here!" at every taxi you see.

This was another solid decade, obviosuly. Biggest upset for me personally (and I'm sure for a lot of others as well) would be 1967, when In The Heat of the Night beat The Graduate. Also it's crazy that four of the ten films are musicals, never realized that before. That has to be the most of any decade, right?

5. cshadows2887

It's absolutely the most musicals, yes. Only one musical has won since then.

And I personally think In the Heat of the Night was the best movie of the 5 that year. Now if they'd nominated Wait Until Dark or Cool Hand Luke, it might be a horse race.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I first saw The Graduate in high school, at a pivotal point in my development as a film lover, so it's always going to be really special for me. Just a personal thing, I guess.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

The graduate was just on TV the other day, and my middle daughter knows the song (per Lemonheads and S&Gs versions) but didnt know the background.

I said - 'THAT is Mrs. Robinson'.

Now she gets it.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  8. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I finally watched In the Heat of the Night last night and wow. What an incredible film. The camera work when Tibbs is examining the body. Shame it took me so long to watch this.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  9. cshadows2887

Man does Tom Jones stick out as an underwhelming sore thumb on this list.