Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Random Entertainment Poll: 5/17/2017

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, May 17, 2017.

?

Favorite 1990s Best Picture winner?

1. Dances with Wolves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Silence of the Lambs

50.0%
  3. Unforgiven

9.1%
  4. Schindler's List

9.1%
  5. Forrest Gump

4.5%
  6. Braveheart

4.5%
  7. The English Patient

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Titanic

13.6%
  9. Shakespeare in Love

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. American Beauty

9.1%
  1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Favorite 1990s Best Picture winner?

2. Morrissey

Trusted

I have never had a reason to watch Dancing With Wolves, The English Patient, or Shakespeare in Love. There are three really good movies in there, but American Beauty is arguably the worst film ever made.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is very, very difficult. Schindler's List and The Silence of the Lambs are both such amazing films. Just in terms of re-watchability, I have to give it to Silence, though. By a hair. A strand of hair from someone with abnormally thin hair.

The 90s had four of the most egregious losses ever, too: Dances With Wolves over Goodfellas (1990), Forrest Gump over Pulp Fiction (1994), The English Patient over Fargo (1996), Shakespeare In Love over Saving Private Ryan (1998)

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Gump over Pulp Fiction is still insane.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  5. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Titanic.

The final 20-30 seconds are absolutely incredible and kill me every single time. Watched it again a few months back and sobbed.

mad likes this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Demme baby!

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Unforgiven is a perfect film.

TJ Wells likes this.
  8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Dances with Wolves is a tremendous movie. I can't pick it as my favorite of the decade in good conscience, but someone needed to defend it from Tetra slander.

9. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I was running a theater with Schindlers list... And people fainted, walked out crying, etc.... For some people, it was just too much.... I would say 'too close to home' but they had family there... so it <was> home.

With that.... Schiindlers... just so powerful. And the girl... with the red.... (sigh) Gets me all the time.

10. Morrissey

Trusted

Slander? I have never seen the film.

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Dances With Wolves is certainly not a bad film, it just suffers historically for having robbed Scorsese and Goodfellas of what was rightfully theirs.

12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Shouts to the one other person who voted Unforgiven.