Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Random Entertainment Poll: 4/27/2017

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, Apr 27, 2017.

?

What is your opinion on David Fincher signing on to direct the upcoming World War Z sequel?

1. I love it, he's one of the best living directors and will bring something amazing to it.

7.1%
  2. I like it, he's a talented director and that series needs a shot of life.

21.4%
  3. I'm indifferent, I don't have any interest either way

14.3%
  4. I don't like it, Fincher has too much talent to waste on a crappy series.

50.0%
  5. I hate it, this is going to ruin Fincher's career.

7.1%
  1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

What is your opinion on David Fincher signing on to direct the upcoming World War Z sequel?

2. Morrissey

Trusted

It is like he died or retired. Since The Social Network, he has dived headfirst into schlock, and it is depressing because he was finally reaching his peak as a filmmaker with The Social Network as well as Zodiac.

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I disagree like hell with this. He's dived headfirst into shlock and elevated them into something magnificent.

4. Morrissey

Trusted

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was pretty bad, but not as bad as the original films. Gone Girl is one of the worst films of the decade, though, and House of Cards sounds really silly.

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Fincher is cool but I don't really give a shit about a World War Z sequel

6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

x2

suicidesaints likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Definitely perplexing, I never saw the first one so can't comment on its merits

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don't even know what to do with this one. Gone Girl would probably go in his top 3. To each their own, man.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  9. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

The only way I'll care about that sequel is if they do a reboot and maybe use some source material past the name. Terrible adaptation. Terrible.

10. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Well it surely isn't gonna ruin his career. If he can survive Alien3 then he can conquer the world.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I can't imagine he would agree to this 100% just to do Pitt a favor. He's one of the most respected American directors alive. He must have some angle on the material.