Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rancid / Dropkick Murphys / Bouncing Souls Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

this is a co headlining tour. my guess is rancid headlines the days in red and dropkick the days in blue

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Red dates are Bouncing Souls and Jake Tapper and Blue are The Selector and Kevin Seconds

3. Cmoney86

Trusted

i know that i can read but also it could be what i said!!! just because different dates have different support doesn't mean they don't change who headlines!

4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I don't think it makes sense for the West Coast band to headline the East Coast dates and the opposite on the West Coast.

5. Cmoney86

Trusted

they are huge outside of boston. every time they come to chicago they sell out. their st patricks day tour 2 or 3 years ago when signed and sealed in blood came out they sold out over half that tour

6. Cmoney86

Trusted

why not? or they switch off everynight. both have huge fan bases and a huge cross over of fans so either way all the venues will be packed.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure they're just switching off every night

8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Really wish Michigan was getting The Selecter instead of Bouncing Souls. May still go for Rancid, been meaning to see them.

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Will they, though? They seem to be in the "Eh, fuck it" stage of their career energy-wise and the recent set lists are super confusing to me as to why they're picking the songs they're picking. Haha.

Then again, maybe touring with Rancid will light a fire under their ass.

The line-up is awesome from front to back. Kinda wish Kevin Seconds and the dude from Stiff Little Fingers would stick coasts, though. Haha.

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Have you seen dkm recently or something that's made you sour on them

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

their setlist from 2014 st patricks day tour sucked. they were all over the place with songs and changed the set everyday which could be a good thing if done right but their setlist at riot fest chicaog that year was amazing Dropkick Murphys Setlist at Riot Fest 2014

12. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Will be going to this tour. Dropkick will be fine. I won't know much of their set because I really only know through The Warrior's Code. Looking at their recent sets there isn't much from Do or Die, Gang's All Here, and Sing Loud, Sing Proud. And those are the records I know best. Definitely going to this for the Souls and Rancid. It's been so long since I've seen Rancid. This will be a really fun summer night.

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

A bad set list ? That's what people are complaining about. Dkm changes it up all the time

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

I know but they cut so many good songs from the st Patrick's day tour compared to riot fest. But idk what they are playing this year as it didn't stop in Chicago

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Anytime I've seen them in the last five years, I've not been impressed. I said what I said though, knowing full-well that I'll stick around and watch their full set. Haha. I'm just not excited about it...

Last year's St. Patrick's Day shows was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back for me. They were just straight-up boring, and the song selection wasn't very varied. And I'm not the type to complain about newer songs in a set list generally, but... The songs from the newer records they pick aren't my thing ("Boys Are Back" and "Rose Tattoo," for example).

I'm just being a grouchy asshole. Haha.

16. Cgarnsay

Trusted

The 2014 St. Patty's day tour in Detroit was amazing! Do or Die front to back then an hour of other songs... I'll be at this tour for sure.

17. Cmoney86

Trusted

My mistake it was the 2016 st Patrick's day tour. I got them confused i just remembered about last years

18. Cgarnsay

Trusted

They do the same with every tour now, no show is ever the same. Sorry you had a shit time, thus tour will definitely be back to the roots.

19. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Wait, that guy from CNN is on this tour. Sold!

Actually, that typo hurt me to read a little because SLF are up there with my all time favorites. I'm very excited for this tour.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck me. Lol

21. Michael Schmidt

On
    One of the most underrated influential punk bands imo. Inflammable Material is an easy classic, but like the Rancid song Roots Radicals has an obvious SLF influence. Basically, if you listen to the Clash you should be jamming this band haha.

22. CTFFEMT93

Regular

Does anybody have the presale code for the Boston/Brockton show? I know the Coney Island and NJ one is "Magic".

23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

24. CTFFEMT93

Regular

25. Michael Schmidt Mar 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 9, 2017)
    Michael Schmidt

Where/how do you get pre-sale codes for Live Nation? Normally the app pre-sale doesn't require a code, but today and this tour it does. Thanks!

Edit: Live Nation app code is magic for those interested.