Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rage Against The Machine Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Apr 7, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

still upset that El Paso is the closest date (no other TX shows??) but since it's a year away, I think I can make it happen.

2. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Anyone still looking for tickets/better tickets should keep an eye on the ticketmaster website for the folks getting refunds.

Also has anyone talked about why Run The Jewels appears to just not be playing Quebec? I thought it was a scheduling conflict the first announcement but with this delayed 3 years now, and the fact that they have other shows in Canada, this seems very specific to Quebec.

3. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

the quebec show is a festival

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Ugh they’re still doing Boston Calling aren’t they

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Chance the band has a new album done/all ready to go by now?

6. mynamesgeneric

Regular

I won't even entertain the idea of RATM making a new album until I hear it from their mouths, I don't expect them to at this stage in their career.

phaynes12 and beachdude like this.
  7. cherrywaves

Trusted

Pass on a new record

riotspray likes this.
  8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

id rather a ZDLR album at this point

Crisp X likes this.
  9. cherrywaves

Trusted

Zack is currently rocking a one-verse-per-five-year average so I'd be absolutely floored if they have a whole record ready

10. phaynes12

the song with reznor production is still a+ shit

chewbacca110 likes this.
  11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I have very little interest in a new record but I HAVE to make it to one of the shows.

mynamesgeneric likes this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm pretty surprised a majority of people here don't care for a new record; I for one would fucking love to have a new RATM record, as there's so many different topics Zach could dive into, and I'm sure Tom would have so many new dope guitar riff ideas. I'm 100% ready for a new album from them. It would be kinda wack from them to launch these big tour plans, and not have any new material whatsoever

13. mynamesgeneric

Regular

I'm afraid it'll suck and stain the legacy, that's all it comes down to for me.

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Zach more than anyone would not do an album unless it didn't suck, so if we were to get new music, it would be pretty fucking dope

15. JM95

Trusted

RATM doing multiple reunion/nostalgia tours without new music "stains the legacy" to me more than bad new music would.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I completely trust that if they put in the work for a new album that it wouldn't suck

beachdude, Blainer93 and Ferrari333SP like this.
  17. phaynes12

im most worried about tom. he hasn't been involved in anything good in 20 years.

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This

19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Also, having never seen them live before, there are so many songs I want to see them play, I don't want time taken up with them playing new material.

Blainer93 likes this.
  20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

To me this all depends on if they're going to keep touring after this, or if this is just a one off reunion.

21. I just bought my plane ticket to Portland for their show in May. Hopefully it actually happens this time haha.

riotspray likes this.
  22. Murph

Regular Supporter

Yeah I’d hardly say doing two tours with no new music over the past 20 years counts as staining a legacy. Especially considering the first tour was mostly just playing festivals worldwide over a four year period.

There’s a ton of people who never got to see them live before that are finally getting the chance now. New music would be nice, but I’m grateful just seeing them on a stage together.

beachdude, Dan Quinlan and riotspray like this.
  23. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

What's the worst non-cover rage song? I'm gonna go with Wind Below. Not a huge fan of Mic Check either.

24. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

So I read this news and I thought people here might have an interest, but I couldn't find a great place to put it so I'm putting it here.

Tom Morello put out an album earlier this year called The Atlas Underground Fire. He's putting out another album later this year called The Atlas Underground Flood.

Guest stars include Manchester Orchestra, Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness, Ben Harper, and Idles. That's what prompted me to post this here, cause I thought some people might like to hear that.

Full tracklist and guests are here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KNZRRNH/?tag=absolutepunk-20

beachdude likes this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

nice! I've cherry picked songs from his last few Atlas Underground releases but had no idea another one was on the way so soon. Good list of guests, very curious to hear some of these songs

beachdude and Penlab like this.