Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Radiohead Band • Page 70

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Those fully covered album art garments are horrid. lol

2. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

This is the best band in the world

Mary V, stars143, TSLROCKS and 5 others like this.
  3. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

So I'm decade's late on this band, but Ok Computer, just wow! Lol

beachdude, duffe, coleslawed and 9 others like this.
  4. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Anyone have any favorite live recordings?

I've been listening to Live at Earls Court from around 2003 and it sounds phenomenal. Trying to find some more live shows like that. Recording sounds absolutely perfect

5. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I was obsessed with Radiohead bootlegs for a period of time, so maybe I can finally put that knowledge to some use:

The Berlin 2000 recording is, for me, the absolute best one out there. Not only is it from the soundboard (and rumored to be mixed by Nigel for a live album), but it’s also right before Kid A came out, and I’ve always felt the excitement of debuting a lot of those songs really comes through in their performance. (I can’t imagine being in the audience and hearing those songs for the first time.) There’s a great version of “Kid A” that’s quite different from the album, if I’m remembering correctly. If I had to recommend one recording to seek out, this would be it.

The Utrecht 1997 recording is my other favorite. It’s an FM broadcast, I believe, from right around the release of OKC. The recording lacks a couple of songs from the show, but it doesn’t really matter because they’re operating at the peak of the Bends/OKC sound. The sound isn’t perfect—I haven’t listened in a while, but I remember it sounding kinda blown out—but it adds to the energy, I think. Amazing show.

Earls Court show would probably be my #3. Bonnaroo 2006 show is legendary and for good reason: the sound is great, and it’s got an incredible setlist. Hammersmith 2006 is another great one from the In Rainbows era and has the superior version of “Videotape.” Other than those, I usually just listen to the From The Basement recordings for IR and TKOL material.

HueyLewis, Mary V and TSLROCKS like this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

This dude’s videos make me laugh so damn hard every time

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

what do we think, new album this year or next?

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Thom Yorke album this year. Radiohead 2021.

beachdude, Mary V and phaynes12 like this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Listened to Kid A yesterday. Wife never heard it before. Described the ending of The National Anthem as Elephants hugging.

10. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Been on such a Radiohead kick lately. Found the Radiohub which has been amazing. Just been downloading random live shows and listening through. There are a bunch of incredible live performances on there

11. RyanRyan

Just saw an episode of That Pedal Show with the guitarist of Radiohead starring. Absolutely excellent. I’ve never listened to them before, and this prompted me to. I have OK Computer a spin and was really impressed. Instantly connected with it, and Let Down stung, in a good way. I’ll slowly get myself acquainted with all their albums.

12. Dog with a Blog

Welcome.

Your brain bout to be like

[​IMG]

13. @RyanRyan ONE OF US

How soon do you think you’ll be able to listen to In Rainbows?

14. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

"Let Down." God, what a song.

15. phaynes12

it’s their best

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  16. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been absolutely obsessed with Morning Bell lately. That live in Berlin version just sounds absolutely incredible.

Slowly becoming one of my favorites but I say that with most of their songs. At this point at least 75% of their discography is my favorite

17. phaynes12

truly great one, the amnesiac version is better than the kid a

18. Dog with a Blog

This is the real question right here

Mary V, beachdude and waking season like this.
  19. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Yeah, In Rainbows is the GOAT

imthesheriff, Mary V, dadbolt and 2 others like this.
  20. phaynes12

hmm, no.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Dog with a Blog

22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Kid A #1 don't @ me

Mary V likes this.
  23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Played In Rainbows Disk 2 last night. I should def play it more often. It's great in its own right.

Mary V, TSLROCKS, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah Go Slowly and Last Flowers are 2 of my favorite songs of theirs

25. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Kid A and In Rainbows are 1A and 1B

Mary V and TSLROCKS like this.