Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Radiohead Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

Also, tomorrow is International Dawn Chorus Day. I think we might get some sort of announcement.

2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

^whoa ok

Id put money on it then

3. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Things are finally happening. I think we might get a new song tonight. Apparently April 30th is some kind of witch burning ceremony from the old days.

angrycandy and SpyKi like this.
  4. mouood

ever seen a guy say goodbye to a shoe? Prestigious

beachdude42, dhayes and jordalsh like this.
  5. oh my goshhhhhh

beachdude42 and dhayes like this.
  6. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about an album

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Holy shit. This could actually happen.

dhayes likes this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Imagine if we get a new Radiohead album today or tomorrow. That would be really good.

dhayes and contra11mundum like this.
  9. contra11mundum

If they follow suit from the last couple, they will announce that it will be out in like 10 days and then release it in 4 or something. Ha

dhayes likes this.
  10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

holy shit

dhayes likes this.
  11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Woooooo

dhayes likes this.
  12. contra11mundum

this is interesting

Home

dhayes likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

We are all of the blessed variety.

dhayes likes this.
  14. CoopDawg

They're obviously grilled... Prestigious

[​IMG]

beachdude42, Cameron and dhayes like this.
  15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

About to do my annual thing where I try and get into Radiohead again. Wish me luck everyone.

16. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

if you can't get into an album like in rainbows then maybe they're just not your thing. best of luck though!

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Starting to feel that way too, but with a new album on the way they deserve an honest attempt.

dhayes likes this.
  18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

man i love in rainbows so much

dhayes likes this.
  19. mouood

Opacity is down to 30%.....

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I found The Bends to be their most accessible album, and it took me a while to get into them, hope that helps

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. mouood

Agreed. I'd basically just go in order starting with The Bends.

22. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

it's one of my most favorite albums ever.

airik625 likes this.
  23. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

The Bends was what got me into radiohead but i never listen to the whole album anymore.

24. Deathco_019

Drummer

I'm more of a casual fan of Radiohead, but I started with The Bends and enjoyed that, then stuck with OK Computer for a while and enjoyed that as well but I didn't love it like I was expecting to based off all the success and acclaim it has gotten.

But then I listened to Kid A and was blown away and, despite being a casual fan, I love that album whenever I'm in the mood to put it on. I just listened to In Rainbows for the first time ever a few days ago and loved that too. Haven't listened to Amnesiac, Hail To The Thief, or The King Of Limbs yet, but I guess I should really get around to them if this album may potentially drop soon.

So I guess what I'm trying to say in this post is that it took time for Radiohead to grow on me and I still haven't even listened to half of their main discography.

25. christsizedshoes

Trusted

I discovered the band around the time of Amnesiac; but for me, too, it was listening to The Bends that opened the door for me to appreciate them. Tracks like "Planet Telex" and "(Nice Dream)" are perfect at preparing you for their later sonic/atmospheric forays while still being entirely accessible.

Kid A and In Rainbows are by far their greatest achievements, in my eyes, but it's hard to say whether I ever would've truly given them a fair shake without listening to the older material first.