Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Radiohead Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Juuuuune

2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

here we go

3. mouood

ever seen a guy say goodbye to a shoe? Prestigious

I find it odd he would come right out and say it's June after all this secrecy.

I'm going to allow myself to believe the physical release is June, but the digital release will be out sooner, as people are speculating.

airik625 and contra11mundum like this.
  4. contra11mundum

I endorse this fully.

5. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I wonder if Vegas has a line on this. I'd put $100 it comes out the first Sunday of May if the album actually is called Dawn Chorus

6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

dawn chorus is a good name

7. Hippity hype hype.

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I barely even dove into King of Limbs. Just from the luke warm reactions I heard from it. I hate when I do that. Oh well. New album bring it the eff on.

9. contra11mundum

Absolutely love that album.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. contra11mundum

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. I did the same thing. I honestly can't remember one song off of that album.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

You can never write off a Radiohead album. I mean have you listened to their previous work? History should have told you they weren't about to release a "lukewarm" record.

I wasn't even aware it received anything but praise from critics.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I have been a giant Radiohead fan since 2000. The reaction In Rainbows got compared to King of Limbs were drastically different. Maybe because of how they released In Rainbows? Idk. Don't worry. I'm definitely going to check it out now. I bet i'll love it. Just as I love everything else they do.

15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

contra11mundum likes this.
  16. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Yea I'm guilty of kind of just not returning to KOL. I should get on that asap

17. christsizedshoes

Trusted

eh. IR got a drastically different reaction because it was drastically better.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

That's what I figured yo.

19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I'm so fucking psyched about them headlining Osheaga this year. They've been at the top of my "bands I need to see live but probably never will" list forever. I've already warned all my friends that I'll probably weep through their whole set.

20. Eh, I wouldn't say that (and In Rainbows is probably my favorite). Two wildly different albums. "Little by Little" and "Codex" are two of their best songs

edit: @christsizedshoes @oldjersey

oldjersey and airik625 like this.
  21. In fact, "Codex" was almost my pick for the "One Song, Twenty Years" playlist

22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

radiohead had already made a couple wayyy better similar tracks to codex years prior

23. Like what? "Videotape?" "Pyramid Song?"

Cool that you think so, but I highly disagree

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I wonder if anyone has ever lowly disagreed.

25. They've certainly moderately disagreed