Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool (May 8, 2016) Album • Page 37

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, May 6, 2016.

1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Is there more vids of other songs in this set?

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

They’re all up on Apple Music! You should at least listen to the list I posted

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I figured but I imagine there's so many across the albums I'd want them all together but I can just make a playlist

4. christsizedshoes

Trusted

I seem to gravitate toward the B-sides that get overlooked by everyone else

Trickster
    A Reminder
    Melatonin
    Trans-Atlantic Drawl
    Worrywort

And then Lift/Man of War but everyone loves those

5. Does Spectre count as a b side cus what a song

primavera likes this.
  6. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

If I remember right, those are the only radiohead songs, but they played some JG original compositions and those should be out there. Ether Festival 2005

edit: though I'm lookin for the other songs and I'm coming up short outside of seeing they did play a couple others on setlistfm

Your Milkshake likes this.
  7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Ohhh I like Greenwoods stuff more than RH stuff even. Hes a genius.

Surfwax likes this.
  8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Daydreaming still messes me up. Can’t wait to see them for the first time next week.

9. Thanks for bumping this thread! I just went back and re-read the first 20 pages. Seeing the hype and initial impressions was fun! I really don't listen to this enough, despite a handful of tracks being all-time great Radiohead songs for me (Decks Dark, Ful Stop, Glass Eyes, Present Tense)

10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Ful Stop is that perfect creepy Radiohead

Aaron Mook and Mary V like this.
  11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

wow I just heard Ill Wind for the first time

its alot better than most of this album

StormAndTheSun likes this.
  12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I wouldn't say that but it's good!

coleslawed likes this.
  13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm with ya on that Shake

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This whole "Ill Wind" phenomenon has been very interesting to me in a "current state of music" sense. The song has been out for over two years, but it wasn't on streaming yet. Now that it got added to streaming, everyone is talking about it like it's brand new. Just shows how streaming really is what matters the most these days and how few people are still downloading/illegally downloading music.

15. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I don’t listen to it enough but it really is one of my favorite Radiohead albums. I just don’t listen to Radiohead, enough, I guess.

Mary V likes this.
  16. I mean I also bought the record on itunes and on vinyl and still didn't have it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you're not wrong though, i just think it's more about them making an effort to surface this song for everybody instead of making it an exclusive thing you could only technically get in a big $80 package

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

oh I totally I get, I guess the point that I am making is back when In Rainbows came out, EVERYONE had the bonus disc regardless of if they actually bought the deluxe edition. Downloading was much more rampant at that point.

18. Lazarus

Drummer

I honestly completely forgot the song existed so I’m really glad they decided to finally release it because it’s great. I wish it had made the album. You could take out The Numbers and it’d still be in alphabetical order. Or, hell, slip it right in between that and Identikit

19. Jbent

Trusted

Can't believe its almost been 3 years since this came out. Hows A Moon Shaped Pool sit with everybody? Genuinely curious as to where this stacks up for you guys. I love it for what it is but I don't think it tops their catalogue. I think it could have benefited from a little more variety. Not saying it doesn't have range but it never quite gets to certain highs that they've obtained before.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I enjoy it. Not as much as In Rainbows, but more than TKOL. Glass Eyes is so moving.

Mary V, Your Milkshake and Jbent like this.
  21. Lazarus

Drummer

I still love it, but for some reason I don't listen to it that much anymore. I have to be in the mood for it. It's in my top 5 Radiohead albums, but probably at #5

waking season and Jbent like this.
  22. Borderline top tier Radiohead for me

coleslawed, sophos34 and Jbent like this.
  23. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Great point. Honestly makes me kinda sad. Not the lack of illegal downloads, but the ubiquity of streaming, which means far lower revenue for most artists and also that most people are listening to compressed audio, even for their very favorite music.

Also, Ill Wind is really good, but AMSP is an incredible record and most of the main tracks are better IMO. Kid A > IR > AMSP > the rest

irthesteve likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love this album. No idea where I rank it, all their albums are great but I’m so happy the time made a night record like this

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  25. It's definitely top five for them, legitimately feels like an amalgamation of everything they've done before in the best way. It's a masterful record. "True Love Waits" is just crushing