Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool (May 8, 2016) Album • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, May 6, 2016.

1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I just listened to Separator and it blew my mind

2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Half of their discography is among my all time favorite albums and half of their discography is essentially irrelevant to me. Ha

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

nice dream = :heart:

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I covered Black Star at a show once and I was so happy but no one in the audience knew it lol

Surfwax and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Is the intro ambiance to Nude a sample from Give Up the Ghost?!

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

Kid A
    In Rainbows

A Moon Shaped Pool
    OK Computer
    Amnesiac
    Hail To The Thief

The King Of Limbs
    The Bends

That group of four is constantly rotating. I haven't been in the mood to listen to OKC in full for a little while besides the standouts (Let Down, Climbing Up The Walls, No Surprises, Lucky, The Tourist). I find AMSP to be a more rewarding full listen these days and it really works well from start to finish as opposed to OKC where I can easily pick and choose my favs.

I've been spending a lot of time with Amnesiac lately. I think it's really good and I love Packt, Pyramid Song, You And Whose Army, and Dollars & Cents, but the rest is still growing on me. I can find myself drifting in and out of the middle and end portions of the album, which are the ones I'm really trying to sink more attention into.

I've been listening to Hail To The Thief more lately. It's in tbe same camp as Amnesiac for me where a handful of songs have really grabbed me, but most can really pass on by me and I'm trying to spend more time with it. I think the last four songs is the best part of the album. 2+2=5 and There There are really great too.

I always love reading others' thoughts/opinions on Amnesiac and HTTT because it always gives me something to keep in mind or pay more attention to when I go into the next listen. They're both really good albums, but they just haven't taken the next step for me yet.

7. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

One album has Knives Out, Like Spinning Plates, and Life in a Glasshouse. One album!

8. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Like Spinning Plates and Life In A Glasshouse overtook my life for a point last year. Amazing combination of songs

Your Milkshake and Mary V like this.
  9. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Kid A
    OK Computer
    Amnesiac
    -
    A Moon Shaped Pool
    In Rainbows
    The Bends
    -
    Hail to the Thief
    King of Limbs
    -
    Pablo Honey

OKC ranks in here are killing me! A handful of the bsides would've been better than Electioneering, sure, but it's still a towering achievement. And In Rainbows - as great as it is - treads far too similar ground for me to ever considering ranking it above it.

HTTT and KoL both have some incredible songs, but they're each about half mediocre imo.

10. Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief are also interesting to me because both have taken years to fully grow on me,

Fun fact though: I had to have a spinal fusion when I was 15 and was convinced that I was going to die during surgery. I had just bought Amnesiac on CD before traveling to Pittsburgh to have the procedure done and I specifically remember listening to it on my iPod while my parents were drove around the city at night, sure that it was going to be the last album I ever listened to. It always stuck with me for that reason.

11. okay this is the best one. god i miss peep show

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Dat trinity at the top

Edit: I thought u had In Rainbows as 2

welp : / lol

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah and the all-timer, Pyramid Song

primavera likes this.
  14. Surfwax

It's cool, In Rainbows obviously rules itself.

Y'all's Amnesiac lists are sad w/out Dollars and Cents. It's the beeesst weird Radiohead song.

Mary V and Your Milkshake like this.
  15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

LOVE that song. Its actually like a better AMSP track With all of its orchestration now that I think of it ha

time to listen to Amnesiac now

Mary V likes this.
  16. Surfwax

What I wouldn't give for an orchestra tour or even like, a 4 piece string section

never forget

Gjpeace and Your Milkshake like this.
  17. primavera

what’s everyone’s favorite b-side from the band? mine is either lift or last flowers

Mary V likes this.
  18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

well I just listened to Harry Patch for the first time and it was great

primavera likes this.
  19. Surfwax

Fog, but the pinkpop Lift is sooooo goddamn good

primavera likes this.
  20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Can I do a top 10 in no order?

Last Flowers
    The Daily Mail
    Man of War
    The Amazing Sound of Orgy
    Go Slowly
    Talk Show Host
    Maquiladora
    Meeting in the Aisle
    Kinetic
    Fog

primavera likes this.
  21. primavera

kinetic definitely a good one

22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

why didnt they ever do a Cut A Hole studio version

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

does anyone have a round up of their bsides they could send me

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I like Worry Wort

25. Last Flowers, Man of War, Gagging Order (does the com lag ep count?)