Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Radio 104.5 Birthday Party (May 13/June 11) Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Taco-King, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Taco-King Jan 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2017)
    Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

[​IMG]

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Philly is weird. How is a band that sold out Madison Square Garden (the 1975) two lines down from a band struggling to even fill the lower section of Barclays (Bastille). Also, looks like they stacked the first one a bit too much. Would have swapped Empire Of The Sun for Bleachers to make it more even.

3. heaththehorizon

Regular

It isn't a philly thing, it is a 1045 thing. Their booking is super strange all the time. It is the same night as Mayday in Philly and I know several people who are going to the birthday show to catch 1975 and then bounce to mayday.

4. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

What is "Mayday"?

Also, yeah I realize that Radio 104.5 has created a pretty loyal following. I was at their Winter "Jawn" back in January and the entire audience was all about the recent modern rock radio hits.

5. zachmacD

Trusted

Mayday parade is a poprock band who he's referencing. My girlfriend listens to Altnation and while the 1975 had the #1 song for a while, Bastille has at least 3 songs on rotation so maybe that's why?

6. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

A lot of times, especially at large radio festivals, the lineup isn't a true representation of how popular a band is or not. Their placement depends on a number of factors: size of the production so it won't back up changeovers, what works for the bands schedule, and, most importantly, spreading the talent out so people come earl and stay for the whole fest instead of showing up late.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  7. Sorry for bumping, but wasn't sure if it was necessary to make a new thread... however, if anyone runs into one (1) extra ticket to the Misterwives free block party show in a couple weeks, I'm absolutely interested. I don't have a facebook or twitter to enter any of their contests, so unless a new free download goes up, I'm SOL. Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

8. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Not sure if you are aware, but there is another free download on Thursday (7/13)

Summer Block Parties | Radio 104.5

9. heaththehorizon

Regular

10. Thanks! I'm gonna try to get one on Thursday, but if I miss out, I might reach back out to see if you still have any available.