Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

R.I.P. Prince (1958-2016) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 21, 2016.

1. blistersoul61

It's a space station!

Wow, just wow. Honest to goodness musical genius. He will be missed.

2. morningstar10

His first album is a classic, although I struggled with 80's Prince, he was undoubtedly a genius and Purple Rain tour is without a doubt one of the best live performances ever.

3. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

:concerned:So sad and unexpected

4. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

Just the other day (in class) we saw the abstract music video made for "Sign O' The Times" and I was amazed with how good those lyrics are...

R.I.P. Way too early.

5. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I used to listen to Prince all the time with my mom, this is horrible R.I.P. he is such a legend

6. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

That came out of nowhere. My mother just told me and I couldn't believe it. He seemed healthy and active. RIP.

7. Gonna party like it's 1999 for the rest of 2016

beachdude42, Luroda and jordalsh like this.
  8. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

2016 is a bitch.

Raku likes this.
  9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

To me, Prince was the Midwestern Bowie: he stayed true to who he was, constantly evolved and changed up his style, and was constantly churning out material. His steadfast refusal to conform was always something I respected, because he believed in himself - that isn't as widespread a belief with musicians as one might think. He was also an incredibly skilled musician (his SB halftime show remains the best ever). One of the five coolest dudes to ever walk the earth, he made Minneapolis cool, he made one word names cool, he made symbols cool - he couldn't save Jack Nicholson doing that dance in the art gallery in Batman, but hey, it's still memorable.

RIP Prince. Purple Rain viewing party tonight everyone?

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, definitely dive into those. Unreal guitar player (unreal at everything really).

11. [​IMG]

12. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

No one who made that kind of impact on the planet can die- he's just somewhere else now. Nothing compares 2 him.

13. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

This is so fucking crazy! My mom was at his concert in Atlanta last week. Literally, one week ago today. RIP Prince. Your contributions to music will never be forgotten.

14. The Format

Regular

I heard he died of a flu. He was hospitalized a few days ago, released then died.

15. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Rest in Purple

16. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I think some rumors have been floating around ranging from complications from the flu to being HIV positive.

Either way, I dont think his estate has released an official cause of death yet though.

17. The Format

Regular

Can't find the original anywhere but here is a good Dent May cover of my favorite song:

18. JP4hire

Humanitarian under contract :)

Terrible news. A truly gifted and talented artist. RIP Prince.

19. razorburn Apr 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 25, 2016)
    razorburn

Trusted

Forgive me for the long post, but...

I am broken. Utterly broken.

Before I had punk rock, I had Prince.

Words don't exist in the English language to sum up just how much Prince has impacted my life. His existence has truly shaped the way I think about music, and the world today.

As a skinny, awkward, and alienated young boy, discovering Purple Rain was everything. He, along with Bowie, made me realise it was okay to be a square peg in a round hole.

Here was a man that reeked of sex appeal, oozed coolness, and left his mark on anything he touched, all by just being himself - despite what the rules of society dictated.

For every moment, happy or tragic, there has been a Prince song to act as its soundtrack.

My favourite artist of all-time, and forever will be.

"I Would Die 4 U."

Rest in power, Prince. We miss you already.

beachdude42 and OhTheWater like this.
  20. CheapPop

Regular

Terrible news. I pretty much grew up on Prince, since my dad was a huge fan and always played him while I was growing up. I then dug into his back catalog when I got older and became a pretty big fan myself. Sadly, I never got to see him live, but I always heard how good of a live show he put on, and the videos prove that.

RIP to a true icon.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  21. coleslawed Apr 21, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2016)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this is one of the best posts I've come across today

22. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

[​IMG]

23. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

worst day.

i wish i could get to first ave tonight.

24. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

RIP. Died at the peak of his influence. The Weeknd and Frank Ocean being two obvious examples.
    We have now lost the musician of the 70s and the musician of the 80s in just a few months. Not sure who the musician of the 90s is, but they'd better watch out.

25. Steeeve Perry

Trusted