Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Quicksand - Interiors (2017; Epitaph) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cherrywaves, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Yeah, just saw that. Interesting.

2. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Tom was not on second guitar the first time I saw them. I don't know why. That was a long time ago. He was on the record (slip). This time around he was not part of the process. Makes me wonder if they plan on moving forward without him as a 3 piece or will they have someone on rhythm down the road

3. Or are they throwing in the towel again after this album cycle?... hope that's not the case

4. teel

Regular

where did you hear this?

edit: oh didn't see the statement

5. ghostxvapor

Trusted

The good thing is that I don't think they'll quit before the lp comes out. I assume Sergio has to get back with deftones for anything they have planned, unless they're taking a short break

6. Horrorca

Trusted

I'm thinking on catching them today? how are they as a live band?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. cherrywaves

Trusted

VERY good

8. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Did you go?

9. i was blown away by their live show last month. but i'm curious how they translate live as just a 3 piece.

10. also, their new album isn't great... :tear:

11. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I saw them in Philly. I thought they sounded great. I saw them in many times and I'm just thankful they're back. I like the new songs I've heard at the show. I'm looking forward to listening to the album soon

12. Horrorca

Trusted

unfortunately couldn't make it :(

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

So this leaked, anyone listen yet?

14. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I'm not going to. I can wait

15. Yes. At first, I was disappointed, honestly. It's different than their other 2 records from 20 years ago, obviously. I've recently given it another shot though and I'm starting to really love it.

16. ghostxvapor

Trusted

People will still prefer the first 7" over everything else they did, or complain about it sounding like Rival Schools

17. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

On my third listen and I'm really digging it so far.

18. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Same. I'll keep this on repeat for a while

19. I didn't like it at first because it's obviously different than their 2 records from the 90s. So I stopped listening to it for awhile, but then recently came back to it and it finally hit me. It's a great record and I'm so stoked that it's officially out now so I can jam it on Spotify finally!

20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this rocks, though the production makes it feel more distant than i think it should be

21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"warm and low" is so good, it reminds me of the last failure album

22. Finally got around to this. Probably gonna have to give it some more listens to give some of the later songs a fair shake -- I got kinda bored around halfway though. Loved that closer though.

23. Paul Beaumont

Loving this LP. Walter does no wrong.

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Only just gotten into these guys over the past three months, but I really dig them. I always enjoyed Sergio’s contribution to Deftones so idk why I didn’t check them out sooner.

Anyway this is fantastic.

ghostxvapor likes this.