Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Queens of the Stoned Age

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Suketu Mehta, writing for GQ:

There are a thousand ways to buy weed in New York City, but the Green Angels devised a novel strategy for standing out: They hired models to be their dealers. In the eight years since the group was founded—by a blonde, blue-eyed Mormon ex-model—they’ve never been busted, and the business has grown into a multimillion-dollar operation. Suketu Mehta spent months embedded with them at their headquarters and out on their delivery routes to see where this great experiment in American entrepreneurship might lead.

This entire article is fascinating.

2. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Jimmy Fallon late night show makes so much more sense knowing he's probably stoned out of him mind every night. Also, kinda shitty to out people. That's some Snitch shit

paperlung likes this.
  3. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Also kinda fucked how flippant the writer is about the fact that she was smoking the whole time she was pregnant.

Serenity Now likes this.
  4. JohnnyStacks

Regular

I actually managed a dispensary in LA and one of the owners thought she was gods gift to this earth. I've never seen a piece of shit smoke so much damned weed around her fucking kid. I'd go to a party at her house and her kid would be sitting in a room where there's 3 blunts passed around. Her wonderful excuse, "My parents used to smoke around me all the time."

5. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

The whole thing is flippant. I stopped reading after they got the part where some kids accidentally ate some of the edibles they left out on the counter or whatever. This article rings embellished, irresponsible, & braggy to me.