Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Queens of the Stone Age Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Mar 31, 2016.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

They still play Millionaire, at least. It sounds weird at first, but I've gotten used to the Homme version.

bd007h likes this.
  2. inwaves

Yes please. I need another "In the Fade."

bd007h likes this.
  3. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

Right? I'd even settle for an interlude/intro track like "This Lullaby", ha.

4. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Skepta has sampled Regular John in his new song!!!

5. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

PandaBear! likes this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Woooooo

Was just jamming some ...Like Clockwork the other day. Can't wait for a new album.

bd007h likes this.
  7. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I learned the outro solo of 'I Appear Missing' on guitar last night (and the bass part for the hell of it!) and seriously, has there been a better "rock" song than that in the 2010's?

Cameron, bd007h and inwaves like this.
  8. bd007h

The extended outro when they play it live is epic.

PandaBear! likes this.
  9. bd007h

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. inwaves

Yes!

bd007h likes this.
  11. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

This news pleases me very much

bd007h likes this.
  12. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

fuck yeah. can't wait.

bd007h likes this.
  13. bd007h

Hope they come back to Rochester on their next tour. They were awesome back when I saw them in 2014, but I'm still bummed they didn't play I Appear Missing :(. That extended outro in the live videos I've seen is fucking epic.

inwaves likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So happy they're recording again.

15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

inwaves, bd007h and Cameron like this.
  16. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I'm not super versed in these guys, but I'm just about done with ...Like Clockwork and this record hits hard. Damn. Digging it hard. Just groovy, dirty rock with the perfect amount of electronics and blues tossed in.

17. airik625

You need to listen to Somgs for the Deaf. An all time great.

Cody likes this.
  18. Cody

Like, seriously, this thing has no shortage of very affecting guitar licks. The title track in particular is chock full of them.

19. Cody

Noted. Upon first glances at their wiki, i'd heard a couple tracks off it, but never the full record. Might just plow right into it now after I get done here.

20. you are in for some gooooooood times if you're gonna deep dive into their discog

21. Cody

They're an easy 1 for 1 in my book. Just headed backwards now, starting Era Vulgaris. First track is very cool and psych-y. Yeah, shit, this is good as hell, haha.

inwaves and gonz (Alex) like this.
  22. Cody

Alright, this is my night now. Some more thoughts: After hearing just a few minutes of Era Vulgaris, I'm already getting the feeling that ...LC was a much more experimental 'out-there' album for them. This feels much more comfort zone-y to me, and that's not a bad thing at all. I love this more in-your-face, blaring guitars sound as much as I felt they had a handle on the more subdued elements from LC.

EDIT: Upon reading a handful of comments on Genius, I"m quickly learning that not only is EV not a 'comfort zone' album, but that that concept doesn't really exist with this band. Exciting and also worrisome thing to hear about any group.

23. airik625

Still think you should listen to Songs for the Deaf first. But as long as you get there, I suppose order doesn't necessarily matter.

Cody likes this.
  24. Cody

So far, this album and band are deceptively experimental. They ground themselves so well in that 'modern rock' world that no song ever really gets off the rails, but they mess around with a lot of styles from track to track that I never expect and it keeps me incredibly captivated. I'm also consistently wowed by the complexity of most of Homme's vocal melodies.

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  25. airik625

Lullabies To Paralyze is another favorite.

Cody likes this.