Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Queens of the Stone Age Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Mar 31, 2016.

1. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Any one else here a fan?

2. phaynes1

Regular

Tbh they're my favorite band, so yes

cbeq likes this.
  3. phaynes1

Regular

4. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

A close-to-flawless band, in my opinion. I used to think Era Vulgaris was weak in comparison to the rest of their discography, but it's grown on me a ton. Some of my favorite Queens tracks are on there. I'm dying for a new album.

5. phaynes1

Regular

EV is dope. LTP is their best tho

6. Rated R is my favorite forever

phaynes1 likes this.
  7. phaynes1

Regular

WE KNOW CHRIS

8. Had to go on the record about it again since AP is in the abyss

bd007h and phaynes1 like this.
  9. phaynes1

Regular

fair

10. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Songs for the Deaf was my stock answer for years, but some days I could call Rated R or Era my favorite and not feel too bad about it.

bd007h likes this.
  11. bd007h

Songs for the Deaf was my intro and my favorite record of theirs. ...Like Clockwork and Lullabies to Paralyze are not too far behind.

Rated R, S/T, and Era Vulgaris are all pretty good too. Not a single bad song from these guys imo. Just like some better than others.

12. bd007h Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2016)
    bd007h

I wish there was a studio version of I Appear Missing with the extended outro they play live. Unfortunately they didn't play that song when I saw them in 2014.

phaynes1 likes this.
  13. phaynes1

Regular

God I love it

14. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I am kind of a new recruit in the QOTSA fan club. I didn't get into them until ...Like Clockwork. That said, I have experienced a resurgence in my listening to that album in the last couple of weeks because I was on a major O'Brother and David Bowie kick and started finding bits of both of them in Queens. So much of the guitar tone that O'Brother uses I think is majorly indebted to the kind of sound Josh has mastered. Also, with their new album, I get major Bowie vocal vibes on Keep Your Eyes Peeled and I Appear Missing. Anyway, given that they're kind of an unshakeable obsession right now, I'm sure posting an unhealthy amount of opinions/praise on here will be good for me.

bd007h likes this.
  15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Like Clockwork is my favorite of theirs, got into them a little after Era Vulgaris.

16. bd007h

It was Dave Grohl's involvement on Songs For the Deaf and hearing No One Knows on NHL 2003 that got me interested in them lol.

17. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

So good. Definitely one of my favorite bands.

bd007h likes this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

SFTD is definitely my favourite but closely followed by Rated R. I need to properly check out the last album still.

I wish they played Quick And To The Pointless more live, such a crazy song.

19. bd007h

They probably don't play it anymore with Nick Oliveri no longer in the band, as he was the lead vocalist on the song.

20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

were my favourite band for years, I think Era Vulgaris is my top album ('Misfit Love' baby!) but their latest has some of their strongest ever songs IMO. Surely a new record is on its way this year?

21. bd007h

They're currently taking a break, with Josh on tour with Iggy Pop currently and Mikey Shoes involved with Mini Mansions.

22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Ahh damn! Just checked out the 'extended outro' vids of I Appear Missing people were talking about a few posts up & god damn is that song a masterpiece! No-one better than them in "rock" right now IMHO.

23. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I love Josh Homme so much. Era Vulgaris has a great three track opening run which I love. Band rules so hard.

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it's a shame as that and You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar are two of my favourites.

bd007h likes this.
  25. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

I'm really hoping Mark Lanegan contributes more to the next album, it'd be awesome having him do lead vocals on certain songs a la Songs for the Deaf.

inwaves and bd007h like this.