Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Queens of the Stone Age - Villains (August 25th, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 14, 2017.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Yeah I'm loving Ronson's production here. Homme wanted that airtight sound and it works so well. Can't wait to jam this in the car.

beachdude42 and truelovewaits like this.
  2. This may be my favorite QOTSA album.

Ryan Garner and cubsml34 like this.
  3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I was ready to say that after my first listen. I want to give it a couple more listens to confirm! Feels like such a proper album. I feel like we've gotten a lot of those in 2017. Records I want to only listen to front to back

inwaves, cubsml34 and beachdude42 like this.
  4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

So damn excited to see these songs in a few weeks

5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Villains of Circumstance is a perfect closer. I love this album.

Gooddayz likes this.
  6. Gooddayz

always and forever

The riff in Domesticated goes so hard, perfect for the set up to Fortress. Man and then when those synths start playing.. my gosh

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't know why it took me until now to finally listen to this, but damn is this great. Domesticated Animals floored me and then out of nowhere Fortress came to finish the job and knock me out. The Mark Ronson team up worked more beautifully than I could've imagined.

inwaves likes this.
  8. Gooddayz

always and forever

Anybody else catch when Jon goes wild on the snare towards the end of Villains of Circumstance?

9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Lol I know exactly what you mean. Those two back to back work perfectly together and the sequencing overall is great.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Finally got a chance to listen with headphones, and there's so many more things I'm picking up. The title track is also growing on me a lot. The beginning is so creepy, and atmospheric.

inwaves likes this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

***And then Head Like a Haunted House makes sure I stay down. This is ridiculously good.

Dizzy Dizzy Dizzy we all. Fall. Down.

12. inwaves

Loving the Era Vulgaris and Them Crooked Vultures vibes that show up on here. Homme is the king.

bd007h, truelovewaits and cubsml34 like this.
  13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Had another listen of this taking a walk on my lunch break today at work. So fucking good

inwaves and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

It's impossible to not feel cool when listening to "Feet Don't Fail Me". It's like my own personal Baby Driver moment. Except I live in the city and walk instead of drive. It's like.... Baby Walker.

15. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

This really just keeps getting better with each listen.

inwaves likes this.
  16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Bumped this on my commute this morning and I too felt like a million bucks during Feet Don't Fail me

17. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Did not expect to like this album as much as I currently do. I've probably listened to it four times today with some occasional pausing, but it is damn good. Feet Don't Fail Me was good to me when I first heard it, but I wasn't thrilled with the apparent direction after the mammoth ...Like Clockwork. I still wouldn't put it on par with that album because that is pretty much the summit of their work to me, but it is at a comfortable second place in their discography right now.

Also, I got hints of this occasionally on their last album, but Homme is for real channeling Bowie's vocals throughout so much of Villains. Or maybe I'm crazy. I just can't unhear it.

inwaves likes this.
  18. inwaves

Definitely hearing a lot of Bowie in his vocals.

oncenowagain likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah after three listens I'm not even gonna entertain the idea of this being as good as ...Like Clockwork. Though I love the direction they went with this, and look foreword to digesting this more. So many great riffs on here. The one towards the middle of Domesticated Animals for example.

20. You can obviously tell Josh made a record with Iggy Pop

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Obviously I've listened to it already, but I just really heard Villains of Circumstance, you know what I mean?

bd007h and inwaves like this.
  22. This is climbing up my year end favorites with every spin.

23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Cameron, mattav152 and inwaves like this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Unbelievably hyped to see them this weekend. Domesticated Animals may kill me.

I think I thought at one point I'd want to Try to be up close and deal with the crowd for them, but it just hit me that I think I really just want to find a nice space where I can see them and dance my face off. These songs are so groovy, I'm listening to the vinyl now and I'm so mesmerized.

25. Gooddayz

always and forever

Starts spinning in circles and fall down as he says "dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, we all fall down". That'll be epic