Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Queen Sugar (Oprah Winfrey Network) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Nathan, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

From Ava DuVernay (Selma, I Will Follow) and Oprah Winfrey, Queen Sugar is a drama television series based on the novel of the same name by Natalie Baszile. The series follows the life of two sisters, Nova Bordelon (Rutina Wesley), the formidable journalist and activist from New Orleans, and Charley Bordelon (Dawn-Lyen Gardner), a modern woman who, with her teenage son Micah, leaves her upscale apartment in Los Angeles and moves to the heart of Louisiana to claim an inheritance from her recently departed father.

"I love family dramas. Not plot-driven, but character-driven. I said, 'Gosh, wish I could see that w/ black folk.'" - Ava DuVernay

Premiers September 6th, 2016 on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Admittedly I'm not watching as much tv as I have been in the past, but it's hard for me to think of a better shot show currently on the air. Absolutely gorgeous and lush photography, with so much meaning. The Ava DuVernay standard, of course. She's brilliant.