Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Queen & Slim (Melina Matsoukas, November 27,2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 23, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'm excited to see this. They did actually film it in Cleveland/northeast OH. Either way, this is looking good.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Dude's on the best run of movies now

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

damnnnn

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

geez

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Queen & Slim Soundtrack Features New Songs By Ms. Lauryn Hill, Lil Baby, Vince Staples, & More
    In addition to an original score composed by Blood Orange, Queen & Slim will feature a 17-song soundtrack with new tracks by Ms. Lauryn Hill, Megan Thee Stallion, Lil Baby, Vince Staples featuring 6lack X Mereba, Tiana Major 9 & EARTHGANG, and Coast Contra featuring BJ The Chicago Kid and Syd, plus already released songs from the likes of Roy Ayers, Bilal, and Mike Jones.

Holy shit at Dev scoring this

Zilla likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this was never posted

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

this was great. there's one scene that I'm not too sure about, but the rest was really good

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this was ok

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

yeah the more distance I've gotten from the film, the more I've noticed it's flaws. there are some great performances and touching moments, but quite a few things that just don't add up or seem out of place

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen Dec 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 7, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

I can't believe James Frey has a story by credit on this that's wild
    interesting that in addition to having British leads both this and Harriet ultimately have a black man be the fatal traitorthis was beautifully shot and I can definitely tell it was the director of Lemonade even if she didn't include the monologues, and I appreciated that I couldn't tell where this was going
    I wish they weren't portrayed as such saints, all we know about him is that he goes to church doesn't drink and loves his parents and she's a public defender, I think that and the black cops being kinda heroes kinda cheapened the narrative a bit
    even if they were the villains the public saw them as they did what they had to
    needed more Indya Moore and Chloe Sevigny
    it doesn't help that Lena is super problematic

13. phaynes12

what did lena do

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. phaynes12

16. This is often pretty and charming but not nearly the same caliber as Moonlight and If Beale Street Could Talk.

Also ugh wtf Lena y u gotta be like that

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I was pretty underwhelmed by this.

18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Not great but I think Melina Matsoukas has a bright future.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. Yeah I think my main problems with this had to do with the writing, everything else was beautifully shot/acted/etc

riotspray and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I really liked this. soooo many powerful images and I’m obsessed with the picture of the two of them on the car.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious