Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

QOTD Video Game Edition: Reliving A Game Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

So a few of these QOTD threads popped a while ago for music but I wanted to do one for video games to hear what people have to say about some of their favorite games.

If you could go back and play a game for the first time again (and relive what if felt like to play it for the first time) what game would it be and why?

For me, I'd love to be able to replay Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past for the first time again. OOT was just so massive and being able to explore Hyrule in 3D was incredible. I sunk so many hours into the game throughout my childhood but being able to explore it and experience it for the first time again would be amazing. The same goes for ALTTP, the expansiveness of the world, the music, the puzzles, I'd love to feel be to explore it again for the first time.

I'd also say the first Kindgom Hearts is another one I'd love to experience for the first time again. Between the game's worlds, music, cast of characters and story revolving around searching for you friends while being so much more is one of my favorite games from childhood. I remember sinking 12 hours some days into it in an effort explore every world and do everything I could.

What are your thoughts?

crunchprank likes this.
  2. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

Earthbound; for reasons

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

The first Rayman because it was the first video game I really played and got into. It was the first franchise I was loyal to. Everything about it was mesmerizing to me. The art, the gameplay, the music. I'd like to re-live that. It really solidified my love of platformers. I think the series is somewhat underrated as well, I don't see as much hype or talk about it as I'd like.

[​IMG]

4. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Hm I'd either have to say Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask for sure.

5. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I'm trying everything in my power to not pick OoT, but it's just impossible. To be able to replay that game with the same "first time" feel...

Also I wouldn't mind going back and playing Donkey Kong Country - I mean while it wasn't the most captivating or story-driven game there was at the time, I sure remember having a ton of fun playing it.

Lastly I'll mention Borderlands 2. Because, well, that was another game I had a blast playing through and also laughing my butt off the entire time.

Oddly enough, even though Chrono Trigger is my number one game, I don't have any interest in replaying that for the first time. Weird right? I kinda like knowing everything about it.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Onimusha

7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I remember being blown away playing Bioshock, so I think I'd pick that.

8. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Shadow of the Colossus

9. So hard to choose one. I'll resist going with OoT and say Super Mario 64 because it was my introduction to 3D gaming and I was completely captivated by the graphics and environments throughout. Super Mario RPG would be a close runner-up because it was my introduction to the genre and once it clicked I was completely immersed in that game.

10. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Mass Effect 2. Mainly for the opening scene. Because that shit was crazy.

11. chris

Trusted Supporter

The entire Mass Effect series (bonus would be to be able to replay come ME3 multiplayer matches): everything about all of it. If there were a PS4 re-master, I would buy it day one, making it the 3rd time I bought the series.

edit: since this isn't technically picking one game, I guess ME2 for sure. If for nothing else than the final mission alone.

12. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Oh oh oh. I'd like to add Animal Crossing for GC to my list too :-)

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

The Resident Evil series, particularly 2.

14. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Sonic Adventure Battle 2, what a game. The Borderlands series is my favorite ever, Animal Crossing for GC is a childhood favorite, and for some reason, I loved Harvest Moon.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

why the fuck do spammers keep bumping this thread?