Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

QOTD: Favorite music memories? • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Exactly. Can't go back now :thumbdown:

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Only you ;-p

Serh likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

the last 10 years spent at ap.net have been some of my best music memories, just saying. the site has shaped so much of what i listen to, and in turn has truly shaped who i am as a person.

Jason Tate and stnewton like this.
  5. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Brand New's New Year's Eve show in Atlantic City 5 years ago. Was 18 years old and went with my girlfriend at the time. Having them ring in the New Year with Soco Amaretto Lime will be something I never forget. At the time nothing else spoke to me more than "I'm gonna stay 18 forever, so we can stay like this forever" and "You're just jealous, cause we're young and in love".

6. Sophos

Regular

seeing the 1975 this past december

seeing jimmy eat world's futures 10th anniversary tour

the many times ive seen deafheaven live

seeing thursday twice before they broke up, once in 09 and once in 11. glad i got to see no devolucion songs live

every pitchfork fest ive been to, from 2012-2015. im going to be going back this year as well, of course.

7. Sophos

Regular

8. Sophos

Regular

im actually gonna add a lot more to that post as i think of them

9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

As Cities Burn's "Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest" 10 Year tour is one of the concerts I will never forget. I was there by myself, pouring out three years of depression with every song. Cathartic, really.

So many other moments, but this is the one on my mind today, and doesn't really feel like a moment that should share with some of my much happier music ones.

10. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I wanna see soco live and sing along to it before I turn 19 next year

Wait wtf I turn 19 next year howwwww

11. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Honestly every "big moment" I've had with New Found Glory

*discovering and devouring Sticks and Stones

* seeing them open for Green Day in 2004 at the local arena and being in the seats side stage

* wearing a homemade t-shirt advertising the release of Catalyst every week for 3 months before release

* Warped Tour 2012 and getting the mic during "Hit Or Miss"

* The set lists I have

* Autographs and pictures with the band

12. Sophos

Regular

i turn 24 this year ....:worried:

13. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i remember being 15 and thinking 18 was so far away and now i just feel weird about it

then i find out someone is 20 or 21 or something and think "damn, that's p old" and then realize they're only 2-3 years older than i am

weird feeling

Wharf Rat likes this.
  14. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

As someone who'll be 22 in two months, it makes me feel old to know that you think I'm old

15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

yeezus tour in Oakland

16. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Yeezus Tour
    Pitchfork 2013
    Pitchfork 2015
    Bonobo
    Flylo
    St Vincent & David Byrne twice
    St Vincent once
    Furthur x4
    Dead & Co
    Worm town 2013
    How To Dress Well
    A bunch of bad metalcore that blurred together but was fun at the time

Probly more

17. Wharf Rat

Being 18-19 is definitely a weird feeling I'm not sure how I feel about it it's okay I guess but I'd like to be able to go to bars

nothingsforeverdude likes this.
  18. Sophos

Regular

I'm about to turn 24

19. Sophos

Regular

:heart::heart: :heart:

20. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

Speaking of your user quote, signs are good that I might get to go to Chicago in July for Pitchfork. Let's hang?

21. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The Thrice, Underoath, and Copeland Farewell Tours were incredible and emotional. Amazingly, and thankfully, they were definitely more "for now" tours, though they didn't feel that way at the time.

Anytime Brand New performs "Sowing Season" and the music dies down and the entire crowd just screams the "I'm not your friend" part. Same with Underoath and "Dangerous Business" during the "drowning in my sleep" part. Basically, if you can hear the crowd louder than the band, I get chills.

Seeing Something Corporate play Konstantine.

The Ixora tour with the string quartet.

The first time I saw Mute Math in 2005, standing transfixed despite never hearing of them before then. This makes me feel old, damn. I was 15, and I'll be 27 this year.

22. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Sanct was pretty good I thought. I haven't looked back to see but I always thought you guys had pretty good criticism. But that might've just been cause I liked y'all.

23. Wharf Rat

Stalking creg at warped 2k14 (?)

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

First time seeing emp X pretty easily, Lifechanging performance

Hahahaha I remember that

Wharf Rat likes this.
  25. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

14? 13? The one I went to in Connecticut for some reason cause my friend was from there.

Also where was it in Philly that one time we chatted outside of the venue? That must've been for The Wonder Years.

Wharf Rat likes this.