Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS Band • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Penguin, Apr 5, 2016.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

album where

2. btr

Trusted Supporter

Release da damn album

JamesMichael likes this.
  3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

May 1

4. Scoob

Regular

Wasn't expecting this.

5. I don't like this.

Scoob and tyramail like this.
  6. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

jorbjorb likes this.
  7. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

:scream::scream::scream:

8. Woah.

9. Saw the artwork before the rest and thought it'd be a Phoebe Bridgers cover

10. fbrrocks

Trusted

Boo amazon signed cd now says January 2021 but it can’t true

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah it’ll prob be summer 21 to align with a tour at this rate.

12. Asked their UK PR for clarification and she said it's moving to sometime in September. That's absolutely not true.

fbrrocks and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. biffbybiff

one last ride then it's night night forever

Admittedly I find this album(?) roll out to be annoying, but still excited to hear new stuff

cosmickid likes this.
  14. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

oh my GOD yes.

maybe i'm boring but i think this about every kind of 'quirky' album/single rollout ever. the only thing i ever want from any band or artist i like is MUSIC. don't tease me. don't give me a countdown or a treasure hunt or 50 encrypted passwords and sound bites. give me the SONGS.

biffbybiff likes this.
  15. biffbybiff

The uploading a short clip to google drive that needed to be edited and reversed and sped up in order to somewhat hear it properly is ridiculous really

16. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

kinda bummed that the release for record store day was just the remixes from the deluxe edition of 'use me' and not the album itself.

17. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

18. Not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. I'm digging it.

19. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Holy shit, that chorus is wild as fuck, damn. This will be so heavy live, damn.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  20. biffbybiff

New song/vid Friday!

beachdude likes this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

So is "PVRIS" just Lindsey at this point?

22. btr

Trusted Supporter

All the press photos would seem to indicate that

beachdude and Carrow like this.
  23. It has been since day 1, at least as a studio project. It became clear for the Use Me promo cycle I guess.

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm counting the first two albums; Brian MacDonald and Alex Babinski performed live and were in the album promotion and music videos, but knowing Alex left the band, I haven't seen Brian included in the band's promotion for a while, so basically wondering if he's involved anymore, or if it's just Lindsey doing everything at this point

25. Lynn Gunn Talks with Alt Press
    My ultimate intention with everything, not just music and career, but life right now, is to feel [as] free as possible, and just be, and be what I know I am and what I’m comfortable being. That’s very different from what I felt like I needed to be when we first started playing music.

Especially with making this album, I was flying around constantly and traveling around and going in different sessions alone and tracking alone and doing everything really singularly, just due to circumstances and how things are playing out within our scheduling. This album has been the most…I’m putting air quotes around “solo venture.” And so it felt the most appropriate to finally have everything align with that and to be real and open about it.
    Lynn Gunn Talks With NME
    When she announced the album back in March, Gunn revealed that, from day one, she’s consistently downplayed her true role as PVRIS’ sole creative force. She’s been responsible for everything from the band’s sound to songwriting, visuals and driving production, but has preferred to share the spotlight with her bandmates, bassist Brian Macdonald and lead guitarist and keyboardist Alex Babinski. With ‘Use Me’, though, she says she’s finally allowing herself “to take credit” for PVRIS’ ever-growing list of achievements.

“It feels so good,” she says on the phone line from her home in LA, referring to her unmasking as a “lifting of the veil”. She adds: “This had to happen for me to continue wanting to do this. With all the work I was putting into this next record, it felt really weird and uncomfortable to be giving equal credit to everyone. Brian and Alex have always been incredibly supportive of my vision over the years, but I never felt comfortable opening up and owning that role. It made me feel apathetic towards the project.”