Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Penguin, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

PVRIS (pronounced Paris)[1] is an American rock band from Lowell, Massachusetts formed by members Lyndsey Gunnulfsen, Alex Babinski, and Brian MacDonald. The band formed originally under the name Paris but later changed it to PVRIS in the summer of 2013 citing legal reasons. They have released a self-titled EP, an acoustic EP, before signing to Rise and Velocity Records and released their single "St. Patrick" on June 24, 2014 along with a music video. They released their debut album, White Noise, in November 2014.

--

I hope I did this right. I stole that description from Wikipedia.
    Anyway, I can't wait for the re-release so I can hear "Empty" and the stripped version of "You and I." I was kind of hoping the rest of the Empty Room Sessions would come out along with the re-release. Oh well.

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Their acoustic Ep is soooooo good.

fenway89 likes this.
  3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I'm so excited to see this band blow up the way they are. Very excited for their future

4. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I was really into White Noise back in 2014 but I don't revisit it much anymore.

5. Been jamming "You and I" a lot these past few days. Stoked for whatever's next for them.

DejaMoi likes this.
  6. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

Thinking about someone I kicked out of my life a couple years ago who apparently still wants to force their way back in. "My House" has practically been my anthem for this whole situation (along with "Grow Up" by Paramore). I still can't get over how powerful that song feels, lyrically, musically, everything.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  7. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Drove 3 hours to see them open for fall out boy but missed them and they aren't coming near me this tour. Love them and really hope they are around for awhile

8. OdeToTheSun Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2016)
    OdeToTheSun

Ø

Can't wait to see them live again finally in Orlando next month. I was also able to get the VIP upgrade so I'll be meeting them too. So excited!

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Photo from their recent UK tour - crazy how popular they're getting. In May 2014 in their Minneapolis show, there were a total of 4 of us there to see them perform. And now this

[​IMG]

OdeToTheSun likes this.
  10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven't listened to White Noise in a while. Very winter album for me, but excellent.

11. josephcissell

Regular

Already have my preorder in for the deluxe release of White Noise. It feels like these guys have really exploded in popularity in the last year.

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Looks like they're having a 2nd guitarist play with them in their sets now(besides Lynn); hopefully at least they officially add their drummer to the band for album #2

[​IMG]

13. bestofmoss

Regular

if someone could pm me the trax they recorded with screams it'd be prty cool

14. Kristen

Regular

Am I missing where the second guitarist is? I haven't heard anything about them playing with another person

15. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I really like this band

16. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Same

17. Only liked about half of White Noise, but I really like that half a lot. I do think the best thing to come out of this band is the Empty Room Sessions, though. I listen to those way more than anything from the actual album itself.

awwgereee likes this.
  18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

All the way on the left side of the picture; might have to open the pic up in a new tab to see him

19. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

The other track on the deluxe edition is even better than "You & I" in my opinion. Has a cool little throwback to Demon Limbs in it, not sure if it's intentional but still pretty neat.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

"Empty" is new territory for them. Holy shit

josephcissell and Jason Tate like this.
  21. Joe Apr 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 25, 2016)
    Really digging Empty. Back half of that song hits hard.

Also, the stripped version of "You and I" is great.

22. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Found this song pretty boring compared to you and I

Scoob and josephcissell like this.
  23. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Just listened to, "You and I," for the first time. Can't believe this isn't plastered all over the radio.

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I still haven't heard that song, or anything else on the deluxe version

25. Kristen

Regular

I still can't believe that St. Patrick didn't blow up on the radio. It's gold in my opinion.