Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS - Use Me (August 28, 2020) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Carrow, Mar 4, 2020.

1. I hope their label doesn't drop the ball, and start putting out more merch things to make up for it. I liked the album in my first listen. Not loved yet, or I'm not sure it touches the previous one this consistently, but it'll probably get there after a few more listens. One of the scene bands who mix rock and pop the best, and the production is top notch too. They deserve much more.

2. This record is a monster. Holy fuck

some of this is MASSIVE

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

They'll probably lose a significant amount of momentum, because if people's first obsessive listens are on untracked downloads instead of streaming services, it won't have as strong of a chart showing. They'll still probably make money from merch/physical releases though, so I wouldn't worry TOO much, but the hype that gets them on the charts might diminish amongst the people who are really tuned in to internet/leak culture.

4. Jusscali Jul 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2020)
    Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Grating

Edit: just the first two. Second two were improved.

5. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

IDK if I can hold out bruh....

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. First impressions not super strong. The run of Good To Be Alive through Old Wounds is fantastic though. Felt indifferent about the rest of it at best

Jusscali and Crisp X like this.
  7. Jusscali

Same. Def my least favorite from them.

8. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

looking at the pre-order page on Qobuz and it looks like they added 070 Shake as a feature to the title track. confirmed this was the case for Amazon and Google as well. i'm a huge fan of Shake, and Modus Vivendi is one of my favorite albums of the year, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Carrow likes this.
  9. Interesting, this is definitely not on the version of the album that was due out originally!

10. fbrrocks

Trusted

i wonder if it will be digital only or on physicals

11. Michael Belt

i'm curious too. i know the second delay was due to BLM, but i wonder if the first was just COVID-related, or if they went back and added her, thus a manufacturing change. either way, i'd still buy both.

Carrow likes this.
  12. fbrrocks

Trusted

well i seen a few ppl get cds from target preorders a while a go like 3-5 ppl i seen but they never said anything about 070 shake

13. Michael Belt

interesting. maybe it's digital-only then.

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

imma fix wolves

15. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Honestly forgot this was coming out this month with all the delays. Hope it's good.

16. marceting

Trusted

Some of ya'll have had this for a month and I'm holding on strong. 18 days.

17. SPine

Trusted

I caved and listened. This is fantastic. Very glad I preordered this one. The production on these songs are top notch.

18. btr

Trusted Supporter

Carrow likes this.
  19. Was hoping they would do the right thing, and I'm glad they did. I have a review of this scheduled for early next week and well, the primary musical vision is Lynn's anyway so I'm OK with publishing it despite the horrible timing.

20. Jusscali

Who dat

21. btr

Trusted Supporter

I feel like PVRIS is Lynn’s now anyway. A lot of promo for a while now has just been her solo

Brent, mescalineeyes and Carrow like this.
  22. The other members aren't even mentioned in the press release that went out for this, yeah.

Brent and btr like this.
  23. Michael Belt

iirc, she might have played most of the instruments on the album to begin with (based on IG stories from her and JT Daly throughout the recording process).

Carrow likes this.
  24. biffbybiff

one last ride then it's night night forever

I remember he was called out on twitter for making rape "jokes" a few years ago, yikes..

25. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah I feel like it was pretty much all lynn and blake on the first two records, not sure abt the new one. still is awful though damn