Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS Push Back Release Date Again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

PVRIS’ album has once again been pushed back. The new release date is August 28th.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. WasteSomeTime

Regular

WHat was the original August release date? I figured reading this meant you were going to say its been indefinitely pushed back

3. CMilliken

Trusted

Honestly won't be surprised if it's pushed back again after this date.

4. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Can't disagree with their reasoning on this though:

5. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

why do you think that?

6. cosmickid Jul 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 7, 2020)
    cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

i want to be really careful about how i articulate this:

i completely respect the intention here, but i don't know if the notion that there will be a better or more normal time to do self promotion is super helpful to the cause? i hope the work they intend to do is significant and productive, but i also hope they get that they need to make a life long commitment in private and in public to support this movement, and they're not just hoping that things will die down enough so that they get their 'space' to talk in a few months.

Chloe and artbynickferran like this.
  7. JM95

Trusted

Releasing an album really doesn't affect any political movement. Odd reasoning.

8. I commented as much on their facebook post about this. I thought Phoebe Bridger's reasoning made the most sense. Drop the album normally and use the platform and attention that gives you to redirect toward black causes. Racism won't be gone in America by August 28th.

I'm not saying her actions are in bad faith, or that they are completely counterproductive, but the logic doesn't make sense when you break it down and I really hope that whatever plans they have to support anti-racism are concrete and long-lasting. Otherwise, this is largely performative (whether intentional or not).

I should add that I don't care when the album comes out. We'll get to listen at some point.

cosmickid likes this.
  9. heymattrick

Sending my love

For clarity, the original delay was a decision by the label due to COVID. Lynn had expressed frustration that the album was pushed back by the first time