Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS / Lights / Party Nails / Flint Eastwood Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Kellan, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Theemoflamingo

Regular

They did on their spring 2016 headliner but I doubt they will play anything from that again but who knows

2. farva2 Sep 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 24, 2017)
    farva2

Regular

Went to he LA date th other day.
    -First opener was alright
    - Lights was incredible. If you’re a casual fan or new listener, make sure you check her set out. She’s takes her voice to some really great places and sounds better live then she does on record. She only played stuff off off little machines and skin and earth. Off the top of my head, set was something like
    -intro
    -skydiving
    -portal
    -savage
    -New fears
    -moonshine
    -giants
    -running with the boys
    -up we go
    -Pvris- So there were some sound issues going on for the first 5 songs or so and it really took me out of the set. Low vocals, instruments cutting out etc. band looked annoyed. Aside from that , the band was solid. While Lynn did sound good and was fun to watch, she skips a lot of lines and just can’t quite match the recorded vocals for most songs. Coming off the powerhouse performance of lights, it was a bummer. Lynn hopped on a spare drum set a few times shredded and that was badass, for everyone going. Their stage production Is great too. Set was something like (not exact order but close)
    -heaven
    -half
    -st patrick
    -holy
    -you and I
    -smoke
    -same soul (stripped down)
    -white noise (stripped down)
    -whats wrong
    -fire
    -anyone else
    -my house
    -no mercy (encore)

Oh and cool story: while we were waiting in line, some dude running across the street didn’t notice his wallet fell out of his pants. Guy in front of me yelled at him “Your wallet!” So the dude turns back and snags it and then promptly runs to the guy who gave him a heads up and gives him a hundred dollar bill and immediately runs off.Instant karma is real !!!

3. holdyourarrows

Thanks for the review, kind of bummed Lights doesn't play anything from at least Siberia

4. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Flint Eastwood is fantastic

fbrrocks and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  5. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Did Pvris not play seperate or winter? Someone uploaded a setlist on setlist.fm saying they did.

6. farva2

Regular

I might be misremembering but pretty sure they didn’t play either

7. dpninjew

Maybe they cut them out but somebody in the tour's fb group got a physical setlist and posted a picture and it's exactly what's on setlist.fm

8. Zorlak

Crusher Destroyer Prestigious

The played both songs in San Diego

9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

The NYC show happened last night and it didn't sell out. Did this tour sell out anywhere or has it even been selling well?

10. chris_williams67

Regular

Boston is apparently very close to sell out

11. Behind the Barricade

I hope for the band's sake they can sell out their hometown show. They generally draw incredibly well in NYC, having sold out Webster Hall on their first headliner well in advance. I'm wondering if this was because the album undersold expectations? I think people were looking at 25-35k the first week and it did 11k.

12. jordanjohnson09

Regular

dc is sold out

13. chris_williams67

Regular

LA is close too

14. Joshua

Regular

I went to the Philly show. I think there was a lot of mic probelms because the beginning of every set each singer seemed to be out of tune but then as it went on they continued to get better. I was pleasantly surprised when flint Eastwood came on because I didn’t know anything about her, she was very full of energy and had a very good sense of humor. Lights put on a good performance as expected, and pvris exceeded my expectations with how the new album sounded live. I didn’t initially like the new album, but it grew on me a lot and those were the songs I felt they were exceeding in the most that night. The show didn’t sell out but it didn’t look like it sold poorly, I’d say there were about 1400-1600 people there

15. Behind the Barricade

Is there another LA date or are you talking about the first stop of the tour?

16. chris_williams67

Regular

Unless it already passed which it must've then no

17. holdyourarrows

I went to the Tampa date and the place was pretty packed so I think it was pretty close to being sold out.

18. farva2

Regular

I was at the LA date, it sold out

19. jordanjohnson09

Regular

LIGHTS PLAYED FLUX & FLOW TONIGHT I AM SO HAPPY

K0ta likes this.
  20. Kellan

Man it sucks Emarosa is in town the same night

21. Kellan Oct 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 22, 2017)
    Kellan

No Flint Eastwood tonight...?

Oh ok, Riviera and all social media said the show started at 7 but it started at 6:15. Fuck that.