Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS Announce Openers For Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. v jealous of the leg of this that gets Polyenso. I'd definitely hit this up if that were the case for my date.

3. bruinrk

ive never heard of any of these openers...but I'm stoked!

4. *Cruisr

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Cruisr is really great. I predict big things for them in the future!

6. DallasSF

Really strong openers.

7. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

So excited for Lydia, hopefully it gets them some new fans. My friend hooked me up with a ticket today for the sold out NYC show, excited even though I'm not much of a pvris fan.

8. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

You've never heard of Lydia? Their newest album is great pop music. Catchy as hell.

My heart is with their older stuff though.

9. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

So funny to see them headlining after seeing them so many times at function halls, etc. Beyond happy for them though, might have to snag tickets.

10. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I saw Cruisr open for The 1975, didn't find them to be anything special.

11. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

All the more reason to justify my day-one purchase of tickets for the Chi date.

12. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I would love to see Lydia and Polyenso together not really into Pvris though

13. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Exactly my feelings. Probably in the minority but I think Run Wild is a step up from Devil.

14. Ben Lee

I listen to Run Wild much more than I listen to Devil. I like them both, but like that Run Wild keeps the tempo up. I also find the songwriting and production more interesting. I do have a signed copy of Devil on vinyl though, so thats cool.

Also, If you separate this band from the band that created This December... and Illuminate, it's easier to enjoy the new records. It's a totally different songwriting unit anyways, just under the same name.

ramres likes this.
  15. Matt.

Missing the Santa Ana show.

16. austindavispdx

Yeah, I agree. I've been a huge fan since I heard a couple songs from This December online and randomly found the CD at a used record store (not knowing how rare it was at the time), then Illuminate came out and knocked me on my ass. The content was just perfect timing aside from how good it is in general. But I would include Assailants with original Lydia too since Steve was still a part of it. And I really love Paint It Golden too. Lots of interesting stuff, still experimenting with structures and time signatures. That's what I'm missing most.

17. Ben Lee Apr 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2016)
    Ben Lee

Starting a Lydia Thread!

Edit: Lydia • forum.chorus.fm

18. austindavispdx