Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS - All We Know of Heaven, All We Need of Hell (August 25th 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, May 1, 2017.

1. Same Soul chorus gives me chills every time, the repeated "used to love" line hits so hard

2. jakeryandesigns

The songs that are out already are certainly the highlights of the album, as well as the song No Mercy. The rest of the tracks in between are where this albums weakness comes from. Anyone Else and Walk Alone are a chore to get through, and the closer is boring.

septimus likes this.
  3. btr

Trusted Supporter

4. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Only one listen through, but I really don't like this. Definitely one of my most anticipated of the year too. Such a shame. Lynn sounds great, and I haven't gone through the lyrics yet, but my God does every song just blend together. The only one that stands out is No Mercy and thats really only because it does the most dynamically. I don't even think its all that great, its just louder than the rest. Kinda sad about it

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

this is wild. better than their first. production sounds a bit iffy though.

6. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Feel like pushing this album back really halted its steam. It seems good so far. Dark pop album, Im sure a ton of people will be into this.

7. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

On listen 4, I think I like this more than White Noise already. It's the album I wanted from them.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This rules. Her vocals are so damn good

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Agree with others that the middle all blends into one. It needs more listens, but sadly, not that impressive.

10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I don't know what I was expecting, I had no idea what this band sounded like, but I'm really enjoying this on first listen. It's not a close listen, it's background music while I work, but it's fun and hitting the spot.

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

this was great! surprised to see some of the negative reactions. their first album + the singles from this one shoulda given you a pretty good idea of what the rest of this was going to sound like. it's a nice step up from white noise.

12. SPine

Trusted

I really like it. Anyone Else is probably my least favorite but overall really solid. Still think it's weird they're on Rise

13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Listened to this like 15 times already.

jordanjohnson09 and BirdPerson like this.
  14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Ha I think right now Anyone Else is my favorite, followed by Heaven. Just these lines in Heaven, man, I relate to them but not probably for what she meant when she wrote 'em

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm surprised by how little attention this is getting here. I haven't listened yet but plan to tonight.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I am guessing it's the Brand New effect

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yeah....that.

18. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This album kicks ass and does pretty much exactly what I was hoping it would do: double-down on the dark, dancey parts of their sound while building off of the foundation the debut laid. I really like White Noise, but this is the sound of band sure of themselves and their direction.

19. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I feel like "You and I" ended up being a good transition between records (even if it was included on the deluxe of White Noise)

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  20. ImAMetaphor

For sure. That song wouldn't sound totally out of place on here.

BirdPerson likes this.
  21. ImAMetaphor

What's Wrong is an absolute powerhouse of a song. Wow.

JamesMichael likes this.
  22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Alright, going into this cold not having heard any singles, so let's see.

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow, I really don't like this much at all and I loved White Noise. To me, almost all of the melodies here come off as just plain dull, and nothing here seems to have the same "spark", so to speak, of the tracks on WN.

24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Seems to be the majority verdict

25. ImAMetaphor

I like White Noise a lot, but I think this album is more immersive, cohesive, and fully-formed all the way through. I can't figure out what about this one isn't connecting with people around here. This is the only thing I want to listen to right now.