Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS - All We Know of Heaven, All We Need of Hell (August 25th 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, May 1, 2017.

1. 3 more weeks! I wonder if they'll release any more songs. We've already heard like half the album ha.

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

About to listen to this after lunch. Hope it's cool.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Waaaaaa?

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Nevermind, haha

5. SmithBerryCrunch Aug 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2017)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This is pretty good.

No Mercy is a jam.

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Still their best song

JamesMichael and Shakriel like this.
  7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Also, why isn't their drummer an official member yet; he's been with them for like 3-4 years now, haha

8. jordanjohnson09

Regular

pretty sure i like this over white noise

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Everyone's all about brand new right now but this is what I've wanted

Mother of God I love Lynn's voice

Shakriel and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  10. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Probably my favorite song and the first one I ever heard after stumbling upon their EP.

Enjoying the new album a lot!

11. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Still a great song.

I'm really enjoying their new album. Production is really good on it I think.

12. Walk Alone, Same Soul, Separate, and Nola 1 are all so, so good

JamesMichael likes this.
  13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Gonna have to give this a listen soon. Was definitely a fan of White Noise.

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Got through another listen; snooze.

15. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

What don't you guys like about the record? I only listened once but it was pretty much exactly what I was expecting and I enjoyed it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm personally not a big fan of the increased reliance on electronic sounds/instruments, and I wish the guitars were punchier/more pronounced. Just not vibing with the melodies and song structures either

17. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Fair enough. I don't know why I expected pretty much exactly what you described re: electronic sounds. I need to give it more time, but Brand New...

18. Walk Alone has been stuck in my head all morning. Honestly the back half of this record is super strong, and is the perfect evolution in sound for them. Doubling down on the electronics and atmosphere is doing wonders in terms of solidifying the elements of their sound that make them unique.

19. jakeryandesigns

Ugh. This was probably my most anticipated album all year and it's such a letdown. Despite her voice sounding incredible on this records I feel like they took everything that made them unique and threw it out the window when they wrote this album...

septimus likes this.
  20. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I was real nervous about this...:/

21. septimus

The first time I listened to this, I absolutely hated it, to the point where I couldn't go back to it for a few days after. It warmed to me a bit when I finally went back to it, but I still don't entirely enjoy it.

It's weird because I really dig the already released tracks, I think they're the best on the album easily and Winter is phenomenal. Anybody Else I really don't like, I think the vocal effects are grating, and I wish the album had a real closer.

I'm sure lots of people are going to love this, I just wish I did.

22. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Really, really interested in hearing this after the reactions. Seems to be already sort of polarizing. I fucking love Heaven and What's Wrong, so I'm still really excited.

23. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I'm surprised to see all the negativity I really enjoy the album.

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this fucking rules

jordanjohnson09 and ImAMetaphor like this.
  25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I thought White Noise was an extremely boring record but seeing these reactions has me intrigued. I'll listen to this one with an open mind and hope I get a new band to be a fan of