Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Puzzles, Games, Trivia, Etc. • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Cody, May 25, 2016.

1. Dumpweed182

Shut Up

Somehow that though never crossed my mind, but that's a great idea. What I love about the game is that it essentially has endless replay value.

2. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

My wife wants to start a 'family game night' at our house, which I find awkward because our family is just her and I.

Of course, I didn't tell her I found it awkward, and suggested Wednesday nights.

3. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

There are so many truly wonderful two person board and card games. Are you familiar with the hobby at all?

4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Just last night, at 28 years old, I played Clue for the first time. It seemed pretty bad for two people though.

We play cards every once in a while but usually it's just "hand and foot"

5. Cody

I'm quite sure Clue needs three people to be played. Haha.

Look into Pandemic and Guillotine. My last girlfriend and I started through those two and board games eventually became our biggest shared hobby; I still play all the time. There's a lot to love, you just need the right entrance point.

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My brain never remembers anything important but every mundane detail about every celeb is stored in here. Like celebs I don't even care about. I'll just read a headline or skim an article and it's locked in forever. There's a place here that does trivia night but it skews a little older than my knowledge so I haven't found a use for it yet lol.

I love puzzles. When I play with the kids I work with I always go for the puzzles.

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for the suggestions. I have to admit, it was nice because it wasn't the same old routine of sitting on the couch and doing nothing.

8. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

Outside of sudoku, I'm not too good at puzzles. I want to start doing crosswords though.

9. Cody

It's a nice change of pace for sure. Works your brain in a way you kinda forget about using it. It's also really cool (at least I thought) when you get into the design of it all. Some of these games are crazy clever and beautifully created.

If you end up playing one, pop back in and let me know what you thought! I'd be excited to see if you liked it.

Chris Yates likes this.
  10. Cody

Monday Times if you can get a hold of it. Really nice entry point for sure.

jump start likes this.
  11. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

I'll have to look into this. Thanks!

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I love doing crossroads, I love playing board games, I love playing party games. A lot of fun for me.

USA Today was delivered to my work for a while so I'll do a crossword of theirs if its available.

Clue, Monopoly, Catch Phrase, and Cards Against Humanity are my favorite games to play.

13. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

guys gotta save some money and buy a revomaze. worth every penny. start with blue.

14. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

I play games on Sporcle every day to keep my mind fresh. I also love to do crosswords, I spent many hours on my 30 hour road trip doing them.

15. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Ugh I use to go on Sporcle everyday about 5-6 years ago. Need to get back into that.

16. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

This thread has me addicted to sets right now

17. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

I'm really into WordBrain Themes and WordTrek right now.