Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Purity Ring Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 4, 2016.

1. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

I'm late on discovering them but damn, Another Eternity is a great record

GettingSodas likes this.
  2. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Another Eternity is sooooo good.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

record kinda sucks compared to shrines, shrines is great, bummed they dropped most of the hip hop/witch house influence
    also probably don't need the official thread label anymore because of the "band" tag, just a heads up, haha

4. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

I just want Megan and Lights to do a song together

5. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Honestly can't even get into Shrines. I know I'm in such a minority here but....

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Nah, you aren't. Shrines is fine, but Another Eternity knocks it out of the park completely. Listen to that album all the time, and I am super excited to see them again now that they have material that will lend to a better live show

7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

guess this is my reminder to go back and revisit another eternity.

GettingSodas likes this.
  8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Both albums are great. Shrines is better all together, Another Eternity has some of the best songs they've written. So cool to see them last year in Warsaw. I doubt I would ever see them in a venue that tiny in Canada again.

9. Deathco_019

Drummer

Just started listening to this band a month ago and I fucking love Shrines. I like Another Eternity, but it doesn't really grab me like Shrines does, except for Push Pull.

10. cwhit

forever the best though

Kyle is hk and morgantayler like this.
  11. jorbjorb

7 rings

love the pink record

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Shrines is still my favorite of their but I still loved Another Eternity. Bummed I missed out on seeing them last year.

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Have you ever listened to the Braids album from last year? I was lowkey hyping it on AP but there wasn't much responses. It's really incredible and since you like this and Empress Of last year I think you'd be into it.

14. cwhit

@Henry please fix this official thread blasphemy

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I thought this was going to be like, "Henry, I know how much you loved their first album. Look! A new one!" Alas, it was not.

16. cwhit

priorities Henry, priorities!

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah, I have! I enjoyed it quite a bit too, it's been a while since I've listened to it though.

18. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

Shrines is probably in my top 10 to 15 albums of all time. Never gets old, and the beats always feel new and exciting on every listen.

Another Eternity is a fine record too, I just don't get lost in the record like I do with Shrines.

19. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

On Monday I saw them in the exact same venue I saw them 1 year earlier. When I first saw them i thought it they put on one of the cooler shows ever. Flash forward a year later and holy shit they were somehow 10 times better. Visuals, which were already top notch, were even more amazing. Perfect set list. Amazing energy. Can't wait to see how they'd try to top this set up next tour.

Henry likes this.
  20. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

I must say though, I countes 3 separate tweens with raver finger light gloves this time. Which is rather concerning.

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Really want to catch one of their live shows. The videos I've seen look incredible.

22. irthesteve

They were spectacular at Coachella this year, such an extremely huge step from their live show two years earlier

23. cwhit

seeing them in tiny rooms on shrines materials was unreal

24. irthesteve

unreal.....y boring

snoozefest

25. cwhit

wait
    what
    what are you talking about steve