Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Purevolume to Shut Down • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 5, 2018.

1. marceting

Trusted

RIP

2. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Purevolume made this cool little resurgence in my first year or so in college and it was one of my favorite things. Sad to see it go, but unsurprising.

3. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I remember Copeland streaming a new song every Thursday (I think) in the weeks leading up to “In Motion” in 2005. I must’ve refreshed their page every minute when I got home from school on those Thursdays. Such a big part of my music addiction in high school.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Woah, such a crazy part of my life for a very specific few months. Remember finding Tonight Alive on that site back before they signed to Fearless

5. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Hahaha cheers, dude.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. CMilliken

Trusted

Found one of my favorite bands (Mae) on that site! Truly grateful for finding them there.

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I first head of her on Perez Hilton's site which hopefully closes down soon too!

skogsraet, Penguin and tyramail like this.
  8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Remember when ADTR were some random ass band on PureVolume in 04(?)', sad day.

9. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

If you guys aren’t using JQBX.fm, you’re doing it wrong. That’s the app you really want. Nearly flawless.

You must have Spotify premium to listen together though. It’s a nice gatekeeper, to be honest.

10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i was friends with people who made a band called "Remember the Day" and looking back I wonder if they did that to try and get hits from people who were looking for A Day to Remember.... if so, possibly smart marketing from high school kids way back when.

just looked them up and they have 2 fucking plays today. what the fuck world is this :crylaugh:

Oskarr likes this.
  11. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

Rest easy.

12. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

If anybody wants to stream those Heartfelt War songs they’re only up for a limited time!

13. defmytones

Regular

This was THE place to go for music back when I was in high school. Well before Myspace took over with music. Damn, nostalgia hitting hard.

14. MrAirplane

Trusted

Remember when Panic at the Disco was the #1 band every day forever

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  15. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

What else are they going to take away? Christmas? Dammit.

spencpants and supernovagirl like this.
  16. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Very cool! Just joined, loving it so far. Thanks so much!

slickdtc likes this.
  17. daldalian Apr 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2018)
    daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

This is dark.

Not that I've used it in probably 10 years, but my band's old page is still there and hilarious/sad.

Edit: Can anyone actually get a song to play on the site? I've tried 3 browsers with no luck.

18. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Very fond memories of this site, like when The Starting Line let people vote on which rarities we wanted to hear and then uploaded them once a week or so... some of those songs never would've seen the light of day otherwise.

MrAirplane likes this.
  19. devenstonow

Noobie

turntable.fm was THE SHIT

20. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

what a ride. kinda nuts they look like they literally haven't updated their layout since i last used it in like, 2007. afaik PV was one of the first websites to legally host music files for free listening/download, actually kinda trailblazing.

21. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I used to listen to so much music on Purevolume. For some reason I distinctly remember listening to JamisonParker a lot there.

I'm glad Mariah is getting lots of Purevolume play.

upload_2018-4-6_12-55-44.png

22. errolstafford

Damn. Purevolume helped ease me into "the scene" back in the day. I think I discovered Five Minute Ride and Dance Gavin Dance through them... RIP in Peace and thank you for everything.

23. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

Ahhh man, I loved that site like 15 years ago. I always thought PureVolume was the cleanest, most user friendly streaming site but never found myself visiting it unless it was linked from AbsolutePunk.net

I first heard of her on The Hills in 2008 and that show ended two years later, so PerezHilton.com shall die soon... but probably not because everyone eats that type of content up for whatever reason.

supernovagirl likes this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm the first to admit I'm trash for some pop culture gossip and scoops but I don't think Perez has been relevant for a good while. When he is it's usually for something negative so hopefully he'll be done soon. I just remember he used to promote a lot of music and he posted about gaga before I ever heard her on the radio or anything. Katy Perry too. He tried to rebrand as new and improved and not a bully, but his true self always ends up coming out

dtbjerke likes this.
  25. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Damn man. This is sad. PV was a massive part of my own music discovery as a teenager even into my early 20s.