Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PUP Turn Life’s Miseries Into Blisteringly Honest Punk

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Graham Isador, writing at CBC:

“I’m very conscious about speaking in universal terms because I don’t know anything. I only know about what this stuff means to me. One of the things that has definitely exasperated that battle with depression is this idea, both internally and externally from other people, saying, ‘What are you so bummed about? Look around you. Things are good for you. Your band’s having success. You have a really incredible partner.’ All of these external factors point to something that should make a happy individual. That’s not really how mental health — for me — works. Having success with the band doesn’t mean I’m happy.”

I highly recommend this interview if you’re a fan of the band. It really does add a lot of context to the lyrics on the upcoming album.

Dumblecore likes this.
  2. it's true - the lyrics are so interesting and dark

Kingjohn_654 and Dan O'Neill like this.
  3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Great little read about them. I'm so excited for them to have blown up, even if it means its next to impossible to get tickets to their shows anymore. It was interesting to hear what that success has meant to them, and how they approach songwriting in the face of the times.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.