Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PUP - The Dream Is Over (May 27, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Brenden, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i just preordered because Doubts rules so much

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I need this record. I have beaten these three tracks to death with no end in sight.

MFA likes this.
  3. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Yea I've listened to all 3 at least a million times

4. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I had no idea this band name was in reference to boy meets world and that makes me love these guys even more

5. Shrek

6. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

got to hear it a couple times, this album is seriously something special. Pretty confident it will be most peoples AOTY. id argue those first 3 songs are the worst on the album, which really says something.

MFA and electro haikus like this.
  7. Shrek

Why the fuck would you do this to me, you beautiful bastard?

8. I think someone told me it stands for Pathetic Use of Potential so I've been running with that.

musicfan9795 likes this.
  9. I'm probably going to pre order this. May 27 is still so far off, though!

10. I pre-ordered the smart punk variant the other day

this album is a ripper / Old Wounds into My Life Is Over and I Couldn't Be Happier into Can't Win is one of the best trio of songs I've heard this year

electro haikus likes this.
  11. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'm not super into the other two, but I can't stop listening to DVP.

12. dubey

Regular

These guys sold out a 1,350 cap venue in Toronto

They are about to blow up

13. matthaber

I am so mad I didn't get tickets to that Toronto show . SO MAD.

14. dubey

Regular

If Rotate didn't move north to Dundas I would have missed out

I used to just walk over and get my tickets. Too lazy to go to their new location lol

15. matthaber

Tell me about it . It used to be an easy stop for me after work but now it's completely out of the way to get too. Still have yet to check out the new store .

16. What do you mean by blow up, like ... Real Friends? The Wonder Years level? All Time Low? Fall Out Boy?

I think they'll settle right in between like a Real Friends/Knuckle Puck and TWY size. Probably closer to TWY by the end of this cycle.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  17. dubey

Regular

Not really familiar with Real Friends or Knuckle Puck but I could see them pulling TWY-sized crowds

18. That would be a pretty massive increase.

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I think, at least for the US, Joyce Manor may be a better comparison at this point

20. matthaber

it could just be here in Toronto, but I could see them breaking out of this scene with this album. They've started to get a lot of support from the indie 88 radio station here and are now being played along side a lot of "indie" acts. I guess its just a question of if the same thing will happen in the US, or if their growth will be isolated to Canada (which happens a lot, and could very much be the case)

21. cwhit

i think they'll be more joyce manor quality in the US, and a lot bigger in canada. sort of like the smith street band in australia

22. dubey May 1, 2016
    (Last edited: May 1, 2016)
    dubey

Regular

Maybe I'm just paying more attention to the publicity they are getting because they are local but how many 'scene' bands get Apple Music / Zane Lowe exclusives?

I think one thing they have going for them is that they don't carry that emo or scene band tag that TWY does. They have their own distinct sound and it's hard to label them.
    Totally. I can see a Tokyo Police Club type trajectory for them to use a non-scene band example.

23. cwhit

I don't even know what you would be considering "scene band" at this point, haha.

24. dubey

Regular

I guess anything that could be referred to as a 'whiny emo band' lol

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah exactly