Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PUP - Morbid Stuff (April 5, 2019) Album • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jan 11, 2019.

1. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Stefan and Zack are on today's episode of This Must Be the Gig.

2. sukottokairu

Regular

saw them at Wonder Ballroom in Portland, sold out show, it was packed and the crowd was super energetic, they sounded great! so glad that this tour is going so well for them!

3. bennjeff

Regular

Apparently every show on this tour has sold out so far except the Salt Lake City date and I think it might be close

4. jciswhatis

PUP was great last night. Beach Bunny was fun. I'm still pretty meh on ratboys. Crowd didn't seem to be into them at all either.

latortuga and imthesheriff like this.
  5. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

ratboys are the best, i will not accept this slander

6. Kuri44

Rat Boy > ratboys

7. jciswhatis

I dug when she sang Reservoir with PUP. That was pretty neat.

latortuga likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Kuri44 likes this.
  9. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

You people are all fools I tells ya on this reckless Ratboys reception. FOOLS

ItsAndrew, JaytotheGee and matthaber like this.
  10. God this album is so good, can't believe I slept for 3 months.

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Aoty

AFoolsGlory and imthesheriff like this.
  12. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

It’s insane that they wrote an album that sounds exactly how I’d expect a Pup album to sound and yet it’s still the highlight of their career so far

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I will also not stand for Ratboys slander. Truly one of the best bands from Chicago along with Beach Bunny.

14. Pavel

Holy shit, they covered The Weakerthans yesterday:

15. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Last night's one-off show at Echo Beach in Toronto was incredible! Having watched them grow from opening at small Toronto venues to then headlining at a 5,000 outdoor venue last night, it's amazing. As shown above, there were some surprises, like that Weakerthans cover, to Jeff Rosenstock joining them to cover Hey Allison! and return again for DVP.

T.J., Pavel, VanMastaIteHab and 2 others like this.
  16. latortuga

Regular

This was a fun short watch, I love this band.

imthesheriff likes this.
  17. jciswhatis

"
    Stefan Babcock sits in a Toronto coffee shop talking about his future. Despite being the lead singer of the popular punk outfit PUP, those aspirations have little to do with music.

The dream, says Babcock, is to one day work in junior hockey as a general manager — preferably for his favourite team, the Ontario Hockey League’s Sudbury Wolves.

He’s wearing a blue Wolves T-shirt under a brown checkered button-up and he is serious.

Growing up in Toronto, Babcock got into the Wolves and junior hockey thanks to his partner, Amanda — a Sudbury native — and the fact they have a cottage in the area. Whenever he’s in town he tries to get to an OHL game because he loves the energy and atmosphere at the Sudbury Arena, not to mention the team’s goal celebration which features a stuffed wolf pulled on a clothesline across the rink.

“The moment I saw the Wolves score their first goal, I was all-in,” Babcock said. “I mean the wolf — it’s the worst taxidermied, raggedy-ass wolf — on a crappy pulley coming across the rink and the air horns going off? I was like, ‘These are my people.’ I was so, so down.

“This is what hockey is supposed to be.”

At some point, he’d like to move away from Toronto and perhaps try his hand in hockey operations."

From The Athletic: How hockey became hardcore: The often complex relationship...

18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

[​IMG]

Yes great line up

latortuga likes this.
  19. latortuga

Regular

Bump because Bloody Mary is a jam

Kingjohn_654, jciswhatis and Cameron like this.
  20. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I’m seeing these guys at The Culture Room in Fort Lauderdale on the 18th, as long as this hurricane doesn't destroy the venue. I'm stoked since the last time I saw them was the last time they played FEST.

21. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Excited to see this band for the first time later this month. Hoping for/excited for Scorpion Hill

latortuga and Kuri44 like this.
  22. mad

I was right. Prestigious

PUP is definitely a fall band for me, been listening to this and The Dream is Over a bunch this week

23. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

My boyfriend surprised me with tickets/plans to go see Pup and Charly Bliss in London, ON this October and I’m over the moon abt it :)))))

24. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

25. T.J.

music and baseball.

Going to see these guys again tonight in Richmond. So pumped.