Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PUP - Morbid Stuff (April 5, 2019) Album • Page 37

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jan 11, 2019.

1. HarmonyinC

I went to last night’s show too. PUP’s set was possibly one of the most fun hours I’ve ever had. The crowd was wild. Thankfully I was off to the side so I could watch the chaos without having to be involved in it.

imthesheriff and T.J. like this.
  2. T.J.

music and baseball.

I made the poor decision to get right up in the front middle. It was insanely fun.

That was the first time I have been to that venue. I liked it. Nice, small hole in the wall.

imthesheriff and HarmonyinC like this.
  3. HarmonyinC

Yeah, Cat’s Cradle is awesome but I don’t get out there often. PUP was 100% worth it. Even though my back kinda hurts today & I almost lost my voice.

latortuga and T.J. like this.
  4. T.J.

music and baseball.

The only downfall of Cat's Cradle was the cash only rule. That was lame.

HarmonyinC likes this.
  5. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Seeing them on Sunday, can't wait. It's a festival setting though and they are the oddball on the bill so I have no clue what the crowd will be like.

T.J. likes this.
  6. so I've been dealing with a lot of real depression type shit and what not so that's why this review has taken almost 20 years to get posted but it should be going live on Monday. Hope you all still have interest in reading it then haha

7. "just 'cuz you're sad again, it doesn't make you special at all"

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My favorite lyric from the album.

9. latortuga

Regular

Hey man I swear I have been reading your reviews for like 10 years and I always appreciate them. Also, fellow Drew over here so there's that. One internet guy to another, I hope you're doing okay.

JBoch, teebs41 and JRGComedy like this.
  10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Anyone have set time info? If my show starts at 7 is it reasonable to expect it to be done by 10? I’d assume so but just want to make sure

11. T.J.

music and baseball.

Our set started at 8 and I didn't get out until 11:15-11:30.

teebs41 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  12. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Tickets secured for the Montreal date, can believe it's been 3 years since I saw them headline here last.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They were even better last night than they were a few weeks ago

Nice setlist changes too

Michael Schmidt and T.J. like this.
  14. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Can anyone confirm that's Jeff Rosenstock singing on that part? The delivery reminds me so much of his stuff.

15. What did they switch up?

Time to dive into a vat of retroactive FOMO

16. T.J.

music and baseball.

I am going to see them again in August. I hope they play Can't Win, Bloody Mary,... and See You at Your Funeral this time.

imthesheriff likes this.
  17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Played Mabu, Coast, Bloody, Old Wounds instead of Guilt Trip, Sibling, Full Blown and Closure

Also opened with Free At Last and closed with Scorpion

18. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

definitely going to one la show but debating going to their oc show as well..

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Debating finding a ticket for their show tomorrow (I went to the first Chicago show) mainly to see Ratboys again, because I love them so much. I dig Pup, and they put on a great show, but I need to see Ratboys again (even though they are based in Chicago and I am seeing them again over the summer haha).

MexicanGuitars and T.J. like this.
  20. T.J.

music and baseball.

Ratboys is fun. Julia was cool. She was running the merch table. I gave her some kind words, and she gave me a free sticker and personalized a message on the vinyl I bought.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They are one of my favorite bands! I've seen them at least 10 times and now try and see them every time they play a show here, and I have a feeling I will feel some FOMO if I don't go tomorrow haha.

T.J. likes this.
  22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't get to catch their full set yesterday but everything I saw them play was different than a few weeks ago

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The whole set was different or just a few songs?

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I only caught the last half(ish) but all the songs were different

ItsAndrew likes this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

At this show now and damn Casper Skulls was great. I should’ve listened to them more

T.J. and imthesheriff like this.