Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PUP - Morbid Stuff (April 5, 2019) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Kuri44

Pre ordered the Vinyl/shirt combo last night

Kingjohn_654 and Dan O'Neill like this.
  2. sukottokairu

Regular

i wanted to wait til the album came out to hear the two new singles, but i caved and shit, this album is going to be so good!

Kingjohn_654 and ECV like this.
  3. Yeah I caved and listened to Scorpion Hill. So good. I’m dying to hear this album.

4. Be nice if we got to hear this early since some preorders have shipped and it's a matter of time til it leaks :eyes: Hoping it doesn't but that's what you risk by shipping a fortnight before street date.

Kingjohn_654 and latortuga like this.
  5. latortuga

Regular

Yeah I got my shipping notification Friday so here's hoping it hits my front door before release day. No boat for me but gimme that vinyl!

Kingjohn_654 and Carrow like this.
  6. mine hasn’t moved yet so they might have just printed the label

7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

has anyone who ordered the coloring book variant gotten shipping for it?

jordalsh likes this.
  8. yup

9. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Mine shipped too! Hell yeah

10. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

My CD only pre-order shipped but it hasn't actually shipped. Just the label printed.

11. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Thread

12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Hell yeah

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

So excited to see them tonight!!!!!

Kingjohn_654 and imthesheriff like this.
  14. radiodead

Trusted

Wow. The two new ones are fantastic. Kids has really grown on me. I am so excited for this.

Kingjohn_654 and imthesheriff like this.
  15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

How you gonna write songs about hating yourself and feeling worthless when you do stuff like this?

16. DeathOrGlory Mar 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2019)
    DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

That was one of the wildest shows I've ever been to. PUP forever and ever baby. My body is bruised and my soul has been enriched.

They played an unreleased song, the title track for Morbid Stuff, and it was another winner.

17. jciswhatis

How Pup Made The Year’s Catchiest, Darkest, And Overall Best Punk Album

How Pup Made The Year’s Poppiest, Darkest, And Overall Best Punk Album

Stefan Babcock should have been happy. It was 2018 and his band, the Toronto-based punk-rock battering ram known as Pup, had just toured long and hard behind its acclaimed 2016 album, The Dream Is Over. And yet, as he prepared to write songs for a new Pup record, Babcock couldn’t get out of his own head. Even though he was more successful than ever — he couldn’t help feeling like… himself. Same hang-ups, same persistently dark thoughts. Only now it was compounded by the fear that he would never escape those anxieties. What happens when you finally get what you want and still feel miserable?

18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

this sold out in Pittsburgh before I got a ticket so I had to go on stubhub. It sucks but I've never seen them and they're playing a fairly small venue.

19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

That article is nice but boy do music writers have to stop with this "theyr'e a REAL band when REAL bands are few and far between" angle. No, they're not.

20. jciswhatis

So many music outlets have no idea how to interview bands... it's pretty sad.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

like there is actually a super interesting and resonate story here, and Stefan's quotes prove that. But it's buried in the writer's bias trying to shit on other bands every other paragraph.

Jason Tate, matthaber and Carrow like this.
  22. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

You can instantly tell if someone is a bad music writer based on how often they throw pot shots at other bands in order to make another look better

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  23. anyone else occasionally skip sleep in the heat when listening to the dream is over because they simply can't deal? no? just me?

24. jciswhatis

Just Old Wounds for me.

25. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

if im skipping anything it would be the girl in the lake song