Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Punk Goes Pop Again • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 1, 2017.

1. JukeboxRomeo

I can't believe there is 7 of these

Raku and Zac Djamoos like this.
  2. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

3. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

4. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I can't see it being serious at all myself, I think it's hilarious :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

5. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

"Punk"
    [​IMG]

6. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

how bout "i know all the bands on this album and they're all bad"

Raku, Zac Djamoos and carrytheweight like this.
  7. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

That's the equivalent of "I only listen to good/real music".

8. felipecardel

so i have to think that at least one of those bands is good and i'm being condescending if i don't?

Raku likes this.
  9. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I guess it wasn't obvious that I was being sarcastic.

10. felipecardel

idk everyone's seriously criticizing other people for not knowing these bands

like, who the fuck are eat your heart out

Raku likes this.
  11. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Eat Your Heart Out is Fearless trying to replace Tonight Alive. They're literally a female fronted 90s tinged alt rock band from Australia.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm criticising people for moaning about a pop-punk/metalcore compilation album, when they don't even know Boston Manor, Seaway, etc, who are some of the biggest and up and coming bands in the scene. Of course there are one or two lesser known bands, but complaining that you don't know "any of them" just states this genre is clearly not something you enjoy anymore.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  13. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I still fully enjoy punk and pop punk, and there a gazillion bands doing it better than this list. The two you listed I went ahead and checked out their most played top three each and felt pretty unmoved.

Raku likes this.
  14. felipecardel

i mean, the ideal attitude that everyone should have is to not spread negativeness of any form, but that's kind of utopic. you can't really blame people for coming on this thread just to say "i don't know this band" or "these bands suck", especially if they once appreciated this "Punk Goes" gimmick to some extent.

i absolutely love some bands that once took part in this, like Silverstein, The Maine and Mayday Parade. none of them are on this release, so it's fine for me to voice my discontent, isn't it? not like i haven't checked out most of this "new pop punk" generation before deciding i dislike them.

coleslawed and Raku like this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

To be fair, I'm not saying you have to like them. Just that complaining because you don't know them just indicates this isn't marketed to you anymore (I.E. younger people than us).

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  16. Raku

Regular

Is it bad that these "punk" bands I've never heard of before? I guess it makes sense because I've been looking "backwards" when it comes to music lately. I finally got around to checking out the discography of Barenaked Ladies, and They Might Be Giants (still working on this one), so that might be one of the reasons. On top of that, I've never heard of these pop songs either.

Happy for those that will enjoy this, but the ''punk' goes' series is clearly not for me anymore. I'm still grateful for the covers/acoustic stuff they gave when our tastes in music aligned.

17. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I'd put money down now nothing tops that DGD cover.

18. jrock920

Regular

probably DGD X Bruno Mars is awesome

19. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Funny you mention Barenaked Ladies, because Grayscale did a great cover of "The Old Apartment" for a previous EP. A good reason why I'm excited to see what they do with that Bieber cover.

They've done covers of Third Eye Blind and Goo Goo Dolls that were both pretty good too. Think it's on their YouTube channel.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.