Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Punchline Launch Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Punchline have launched a Kickstarter to help fund a documentary about the band:

Our band, Punchline, will be celebrating our 20 year anniversary this July. It’s been a remarkable journey to get where we are today, and we would like to commemorate it with an ambitious goal: to make a Netflix Music Special.

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Some of their backing rewards are funny...A time capsule to be opened on their 37th anniversary (clever) and a bucket lol.

elemenohpe likes this.
  3. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Can we fund a goddamn tour instead?

Colby Searcy and fbrrocks like this.
  4. fbrrocks

Trusted

5. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I'd buy tickets in a heartbeat. A 20 year anniversary tour/greatest hits setlist would be glorious.

6. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Remember the whole get our album to number 1 on iTunes or we'll quit? Why are they still around?

Brent likes this.
  7. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

it went to #1 on the rock charts. their last album was good. why complain about a band still making music twenty years on?

8. JohnnyStacks

Regular

The deal was the main charts. Rock charts is much easier. Didn't realize I wasn't allowed to dislike a band?

9. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Kind of fun rewards. If I actually cared about them I'd be all over that 3 hour oral history

10. Casanova Frankenstein

I like some of their stuff, but this idea is a turd. Make some self-aggrandizing documentary and you get it on netflix which brings great success. Sounds like a plot to a Harold and Kumar movie.

11. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

The singer got a date on tv to promote an EP

12. Tater Tot

And some bands take three year "farewell" tours. They can do and say whatever they want.

13. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Yeah that was all tied in with try and get the EP to number one. That episode was absolutely cringe.

14. JohnnyStacks

Regular

And I can complain about it.

15. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Sure, but you keep posting in here. Who hurt you?

Like, you don't like the band, fine. But why keep talking about them? Why waste your time? Why not do literally anything that you actually enjoy? It's coming across really sad. We get it, you don't like the band or some of the decisions they've made. Great. Now move on.

16. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

oh, i didn't realize that you were chief justice on the supreme court for grand statements made by pop punk bassists. it went to #1 on the rock charts and #7 overall and he stayed in the band out of gratitude for the people that supported the band.

you're allowed to dislike whatever you like. carry your five-year grudge against the band. don't support them. whatevs. i just don't understand the need to come into a thread only to trash a band other people do like.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. jorbjorb

7 rings

holy shit haha

18. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I'm fine with stylistic changes, but I think their songwriting has gone steadily downhill since Action.

19. Greg

Flashlight
    The Fake, The Snake, and The Birthday Cake
    Caller 10
    Ghostie
    Castaway
    21 Forever
    Coyotes in B Major
    Universe
    I Swear I've Been Here Before
    Thrilled
    Now I See
    Simulation

All songs that are as good, if not better than a lot of Action.

20. Casanova Frankenstein

This escalated quickly. I agree that Action was their best album. The only other album I like is Just Say Yes.

21. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I agree that most of these are good songs, but I love Action from front to back. 37 is about 1/3 filler, Just Say Yes and Delightfully Pleased are about 1/2, and Thrilled.... Doesn't thrill me at all. Just my opinion though. I ordered a copy of the "Meet You" EP on vinyl along with a copy of Rewind and those songs- specifically "I Swear..." are better than I remember them being.

22. JohnnyStacks

Regular

I think we're all gonna make it through this guys. It's ok. Give them $20,000 doll hairs. once again, forgot we lived in a world where people can't have a negative opinion on something.

23. Greg

Go troll somewhere else.

24. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Why don't you relax, Greg. It's ok. They're mediocre. It's gonna be ok. I loved the Play EP in like 7th grade.

25. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

You forgot Maybe I'm Wrong and all of Thrilled. Liked your list though :)