Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Publication End Of Year Lists 2017 • Page 42

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Nov 22, 2017.

1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

no pallbearer wow

2. cherrywaves

Trusted

Very happy to see Spirit Adrift on that record. Would have liked to see Full of Hell on there.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i mean it's 10 albums for an entire sprawling genre full of different sounds, can't include everything, lol

4. primavera

thank you casey for explaining a list to me, lol.

5. cwhit

you are welcome patrick

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. primavera

perhaps, and stay with me here, but perhaps my surprise was more at the publication leaving off a band they have heavily supported, as much as giving the top honor for a previous album, in the past and less so at the wonder that is the mechanics behind list-making and genres. just perhaps.

7. cwhit

this list seems more like a personal taste list than a publication list so i don't take it as quite representative of the albums the publication personally prefers (which i mean, no metal other than power trip meant anything to them this year anyways)

8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Casey dogg not everything requires an in depth explanation.

irthesteve and cwhit like this.
  9. cwhit

but how else would my post count be so high?

fame, CarpetElf and cherrywaves like this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I loved that Pallbearer album, but I remember the review being very middle of the road album feeling from them.

11. primavera

yeah it was 6.0. but they’ve been very glowing toward the band in the past. a lot of other pubs have featured it. artificial brain was listed and it didn’t get a review at all. same with planning for a burial.

12. Any chance to update the first post with all (or most) of the links?!??

13. cwhit

kyle likes this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Pretty good aggregate list too.

15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Finally listening to Sounds of Sisso from the TMT list and it’s a fucking trip. Wow.