Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Publication End of the Year Lists 2020 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Nov 20, 2020.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

On other lists maybe not, but I definitely figured it for Stereogum

2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

ItsAndrew and OhTheWater like this.
  3. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Quietus and GvB have the most room for discovery. As always, there's a lot to explore on the lists. Really into Timothy Duvall, Actress, and Sweet Whirl so far.

Everything else is kinda expected. The Dogleg omission is surprising and Folklore is lower than I expected on a few lists.

yung_ting likes this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope more publications don’t snub Dogleg, that and Ratboys are two “big” emo records that have been completely snubbed on all lists so far which is shocking to me.

5. Not getting snubbed on my list - The Only List That Matters (TM)

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The only way the Quietus list isn't the one you discover the most from every single year is maybe if you write for the Quietus.

cshadows2887 and username like this.
  7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Wonder if maybe Dogleg will show on P4k's.

8. username

hey you lil piss baby

If there's any major pub I would say it's a lock for, it would be p4k. But there's always those strange cases of something that got BNM not making it onto the year end list so who knows.

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope the Samia and DEHD record makes it on to a bunch of lists this year. DEHD got Best New Music so hopefully Pitchfork pulls through.

10. The Lucky Moose Dec 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 1, 2020)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I can't wait for everybody except for dedicated R&B sites and maybe NPR to snub the actual best R&B albums of the year

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Whatever publication includes a mention of Addy - Eclipse will be my favorite 2020 list.

12. PauLo

43% Burnt

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Rod Wave getting robbed

Contender likes this.
  14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Hope to see a lot of love for Gulch

15. jdr2187

jdr2187

The 50 Best Albums Of 2020

Waylon Payne at number 10! An album I didn’t expect to see on any lists showing up in the top 10 for NPR is pretty awesome.

16. username

hey you lil piss baby

Stereogum EPs - lots of great shorter releases on here that are otherwise getting slept on.

25 Great EPs From 2020

17. PauLo

43% Burnt

Cool to SAULT getting the top spot on NPR's list!

18. The Lucky Moose Dec 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 2, 2020)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The NPR lists are always cool

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

These are all great, but I implore anyone who is a Phoebe Bridgers fan to check out Skullcrusher. Their EP is outstanding and something Phoebe fans would definitely love.

mad and Leftandleaving like this.
  20. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I didn’t even know The Mavericks put out an album this year til this list. Every year their list is a highlight

jdr2187 and The Lucky Moose like this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Contender and yung_ting like this.
  22. jdr2187

jdr2187

OhTheWater likes this.
  23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ben Seretan tweeted out the list b/c he worked on (or just really likes, haha?) the Adeline Hotel album. Gotta check that one out:

Strange Sometimes – Adeline Hotel
    It’s such a dream to get a submission, listen to it, and think, “holy fucking shit.” Brigid Mae Power offers backup vocals, and the entire album is really warm and close-sounding, no part ever out of turn or undue. Fantastic playing and singing by Dan Knishkowy and co.”

JM95 likes this.
  24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

25. jdr2187

jdr2187

Yep that’s the one that immediately stood out to me. I started playing the album before I even finished the list.

JM95 and OhTheWater like this.