Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Publication End Of The Year Lists 2018 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by whitenblue88, Nov 15, 2018.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

See Colts Fan? NOW is the appropriate time

2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This is still early, IMO. Next week is when I think they should START coming out. But this is better than mid-November.

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

i'm still gonna talk shit. i don't know why you think i have to be right to do it, i'm still gonna do it.

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm perfectly fine with this. It gives me time to check out a ton of records I missed out on before the end of the year. If anything major drops like Beyonce, I'll hear about it anyway

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah I've got a nine page running list right now of albums to check out haha.

7. Craig Manning

I'm trying to be selective with the stuff I pull out these lists to check out. I know if I grab too much I'll either never listen to it all or hear it all once in a rush to listen to everything before I finalize my list.

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I feel the exact same way but i do it anyway and stress myself out about because of who i am as a person

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

10. Craig Manning

Uproxx, with (I think?) the first Foxing sighting.

The 50 Best Albums Of 2018

Kacey at number 2. Probably my favorite list so far.

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. username

hey you lil piss baby

CoS list is nice. Lots of overlap with my list, or stuff I've heard, so not much room for discovery. Nice to see A$AP Rocky album get noticed, weird to see Black Panther soundtrack in the top 20.

Contender likes this.
  12. username

hey you lil piss baby

This list is really good, especially the bottom half. Flasher, Adrienne Lenker, The Beths, Campe Cope, Shame. Hope people give this a look and pull some of the lesser talked about stuff.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

First Dilly Dally sighting too! Hella great album

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Uproxx started kind of losing me at the end but props to them for giving recognition to Foxing, Dilly Dally, Saba, and proper recognition to Noname.

15. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

Also glad to see Uproxx recognize Wild Pink! Album is super underrated and easily my AOTY.

Swae Lee and CarpetElf like this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I didn't realize how dead December was for releases until I looked at Meta's upcoming. Nothing really on the radar until the end of January.

Fronnyfron and CarpetElf like this.
  17. Fronnyfron

I don't think I've seen any Half Waif yet :(

Swae Lee likes this.
  18. username

hey you lil piss baby

Uproxx is a weird combination of stuff I'm excited to see get mentioned (Wild Pink, KYLE, Tirzah) and "what in the world" (Drake, The Carters)

19. username

hey you lil piss baby

Also, nice to see Lykke Li pop up so much. Reception seemed pretty muted when it dropped.

20. Fronnyfron

Do some of these publications have quotas for certain genres on the year end lists? I feel like that could explain Black Panther soundtrack or some other odd choices on these lists.

Swae Lee likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I have yet to hear Astroworld

22. Fronnyfron

yung_ting, Contender and CarpetElf like this.
  23. Fronnyfron

Sorry that was terrible but I had to

yung_ting and CarpetElf like this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

She's one of those artist who I always remember out of the blue, spin once or twice, and then forget about. Her releases are always great, but not the most memorable.

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Alright, album list is up to 13 pages now.

Can't wait to not listen to 12 of the 13 pages

Craig Manning likes this.