Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Publication End Of The Year Lists 2016 • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Nov 22, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

New Green Day above new Bon Iver is just dumb.

I hate NME so much.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

4. cwhit

they had to fit everything kanye was related to this year on this list somehow

ChiliTacos likes this.
  5. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

fade is a great video

sophos34 likes this.
  6. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Good list

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Everything I've heard from the COS list is amazing.

8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I think COS list is much more boring than either NME or Rolling Stone. It reads like what I would imagine the Album Of The Year composite list will look like.

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

So far every list I've read has had the same exact top three or so. Especially boring for me because I'm not all that fussed about lemonade or coloring book

trevorshmevor, fame and Craig Manning like this.
  10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

feels like lemonade is getting the accolades that belonged to s/t since that one came out too late for 2013 lists

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I'm curious, how much time have you spent with Coloring Book? I was kind of baffled by the way people went crazy for it at first but since its release it has become the album that I return to the most. It's probably the biggest grower of the year for me.

Agree about Lemonade. I think it's significantly less good than the s/t.

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Not much since it came out. No desire to return to it really, maybe I'll give it a few more spins but I much prefer acid rap

EngineDown likes this.
  13. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

everyone talks about how joyful coloring book is but i just flat out dont think that songs like juke jam, mixtape, or same drugs really carry that same kind of effervescence. the middle of the record is kind of spotty but its still one of my favorites of the year.

Aregala likes this.
  14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

same. i jam "no problem" quite often but the album itself is pretty boring for me.

trevorshmevor and sophos34 like this.
  15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Summer Friends is magical.

16. cwhit

I absolutely like Coloring Book more than Acid Rap at this point

17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

brandon_260 likes this.
  18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i probably like 10 day more than coloring book

19. There are like 5 songs on Coloring Book that I still like a lot but I pretty much never return to the rest. Bums me out haha, love Acid Rap

20. cwhit

hot take tacos

21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

10 day is really awesome though. coloring book is good, but it just hasn't grabbed me (yet?).

22. Rolling Stone's list is hilariously bad - I liked CoS list - not even gonna bother with the rubbish that is NME

JM95 likes this.
  23. cwhit

Rolling Stone actually isn't that bad, lol. Lots of great records on there higher than expected for them

EngineDown likes this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I never came around to Coloring Book, honestly only love one or two songs, and only like another 3ish?

ChiliTacos likes this.
  25. A lot of these lists are missing out on some really good hardcore and metal but that's usually the norm unless Deafheaven releases something haha