Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Publication End Of The Year Lists 2016 • Page 41

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Just wouldn't call it "overlooked"

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

brandon stosuy tweeted a bunch of metal album covers last week, presumably for his favorite albums this year. among them inter arma, oathbreaker, ash borer and cobalt. some others i dont recognize

3. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

5. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

khemmis was in there, great record

idk if that's what he was doing though cuz he posted art for two of their records, one of which was last year

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

he replied to someone who pointed it out and he said oops lol

EngineDown likes this.
  7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Ayyyy it was a list from all the contributors was it not? Either way, if you put out a record odds are you believe in it, can't say that bothers me much

8. cwhit

It was! I mean he hires people that have similar taste to him and are close so it makes sense but idk, Still kinda weird haha

9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

serious questions...

I listen to music for prob 2-4 hours per day and have "listened" to probably 2/3rds of these but wouldn't say I've heard most of them enough to form a serious opinion.

How do most folks find the time to digest all this music + how many times do you listen to an album before commenting about it ?

12. zmtr

Trusted

Luckily I have an office job that enables me to listen to full albums 10 or more hours a day. And thankfully I have sites like these to discuss while i listen.

When I get out of work I usually spend the rest of my day also listening or playing music.

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I practically have music playing at any point when I'm not watching television or movies.

I don't think you need to listen to something a certain amount of times before speaking on it. I think it's an evolving process and I think documenting it on forums like this is part of the fun. It's a lot healthier than writing longform as quickly as possible.

14. cwhit