Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Publication End of the Decade Lists • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Oct 7, 2019.

1. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

yoooo, i spun this album like a week ago and my god its even better than i remember it being

sophos34 and username like this.
  2. username

hey you lil piss baby

It’s in my top 5 for the decade (as of now). I love it and everything else he’s done.

matthaber likes this.
  3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

literally same

username and matthaber like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Work over Love On The Brain is wow

glad Dancing On My Own is top 5

5. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Tbh, it should have been more than 200 songs

username likes this.
  6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

So many “right album, wrong song” picks. Like Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe is not even top 5 on GKMC

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wow that’s fucking wild

8. username

hey you lil piss baby

If I recall correctly, they did 500 for the 00s, which makes a lot more sense. I know it’s obviously a ton of work to coordinate 500 blurbs, but would have been cool to get the extras 300 even without any writing to accompany them.

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

no sturgill, no isbell, no stapleton

no arctic monkeys

all very cool things

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

thats not true

StreetSpirit and ChiliTacos like this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

but it is kind of weird to get hung up on specific choices when its something as subjective as individual songs. im more worried about who was left off

12. matthaber

wait age of adz is eligible for these lists and not a single thing made it to top 200? K, thats some highway robbery shit

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

imagine not including anything from adz or carrie & lowell in a list of 200 fucking songs

14. matthaber

wait..... nothing from gossamer made it either? how....is.....that....possible??

DaydreamNation and username like this.
  15. matthaber

this was a planned hit job against early 2000s electronic indie music and i will not have it

16. username

hey you lil piss baby

In the same vein, CHVRCHES and Purity Ring are completely absent too.

200 was clearly not enough lol

17. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

It is kind of fascinating to read through this list and see how certain artists have fallen out of favor at Pitchfork has evolved and shifted throughout this decade.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The Opener being on there is dope

19. jdr2187

jdr2187

Surprised a Sons of Kemet song made the list, but I love that it did.

Also happy to see Hurray For the Riff Raff - Pa’lante on there, easily one of the best songs of the decade.

20. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

21. Just skimmed through the list P4K quickly. Like the #1 song being #1, not sure how I feel about most of the rest of it. Noticed "Helplessness Blues" is not particularly high which is one of my all-time fav songs so there's that

As others have said, Sufjan not being on here is weird as hell. "Song for Zula" is a must-have. A little surprised there's no War on Drugs song.

They also should've put the "Don't Like" remix on there instead of the original, but again personal preference

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. Also would argue "Pyramids" is way too low and should be the top Frank song on here but again maybe that's just me

beachdude likes this.
  23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is a lie btw theres a sleep song gj pitchfork

24. wasn't there a sleep song?

edit: scooped

25. Something from AWLWLB would've worked nicely tho, didn't they review that pretty positively?