Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Publication End of the Decade Lists • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Some cool out-of-left-field picks on the back half of that list (Eric Church - The Outsiders is not an album I expected to see on any lists, let alone from the big publications) but the further down I got, the more I felt like I'd already read this list before.

2. The truest shit

3. username

hey you lil piss baby

4. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I like the Stereogum lists in general more than the P4k ones.

jordalsh likes this.
  5. username

hey you lil piss baby

There's some pretty fantastic picks here for a Vice list. Popcaan, The Hotelier, Elysia Crampton, Dean Blunt. It gets pretty deep alongside some of the more obvious choices. The header image is absolutely horrifying though.

The 100 Best Albums of the 2010s

6. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

phaynes12 likes this.
  7. username

hey you lil piss baby

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

9. Craig Manning

10. About what I'd expect from them haha. Like a lot of the albums on here, don't like others (that Metallica album is absolute ass and I like Metallica plenty), order is weird, gets better towards the top.

11. Craig Manning

I haven’t looked through it all the way, just a quick browse. Looked like it had a lot of albums I like, though.

12. It's got a lot I like too but also some conspicuous absences, namely no Bon Iver self-titled and no Helplessness Blues.

13. Craig Manning

I'm constantly baffled by the fact that anyone likes 22, A Million more than Bon Iver, Bon Iver.

This list is really the only one from any of the mainstream pubs that gives country/Americana the time of day, though, which is nice to see.

14. 22AM is great and I love it but BI,BI was the right record at the right time for me and probably my favorite of the decade

Yeah for sure it was good to see that. A little surprised they liked Platinum more than The Weight of These Wings, and would have liked to see Metamodern in addition to Sailor's Guide, but that's nit-picky

15. Craig Manning

Yeah, no disrespect to 22AM, I just think BI, BI is his masterpiece.

I also thought it was odd that Wings was lower than Platinum, which I think is hit or miss. Or that either of them were lower than last year's Pistol Annies record, which I think is weaker than both.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  16. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

haha Ill be damned before I click on a rolling stone link

aliens exist and phaynes12 like this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

for real lol

aliens exist likes this.
  18. Craig Manning

DaydreamNation likes this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

some absolutely WILD takes there hahahaa but i respect the spice

zmtr and Craig Manning like this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah not sure if I want to read that

21. username

hey you lil piss baby

22. Craig Manning

Rowan5215 likes this.
  23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

that's a thoughtful, well-written piece. still, kind of funny that the three twitter links they provided as "interesting" alternatives had pretty much all the Pitchfork-approved consensus favourites on there too (maybe that just reinforces the writer's point?)

Craig Manning likes this.
  24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

A Bon Iver record not making it into the aggregate top 10 is wild.

25. Craig Manning

Yeah, I thought that was funny too. And a few of those writers were Pitchfork contributors whose ballots helped shape that list.